+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat21 View Post
    And, OP, good on you for keeping up with looking good! Whatever makes you feel good. If that's makeup and good clothes or a pony tail and trackies, as long as you are comfortable outside and inside, that's.what matters!
    Beautifully said = )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I judged a mum yesterday at school pick up time, lol. She is in her mid 40's, was wearing a sloppy joe jumper, jeggines and high heels. And when I say high heels, I mean stillettos! Like who does that? lol

Um...I have. I woke up with five minutes before pick up time, raced around to find something publicly acceptable to wear and I couldn't find my sneakers so I popped on my Jimmy Choos (okay, they weren't K-Mart Jimmy Choos).

God forgive me but I also judge smoking. Especially pregnant smokers.
    You can put me on the stake now.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Caviar For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I will confess that in the past I have been a bit judgy wudgy about bottle feeding (please don't lynch me) but then a friends daughter had a double mastectomy at 23 years of age and I thought of all of the judgement that she might be in for if she has kids, which made me think of all of the things that go on in peoples lives that we can not even imagine. I do still have weak moments of judgyness though.
    Please try not to. Every mum has their reason and remember, we don't know people's stories.
    I couldn't breastfeed due to my mental health. It would have been dangerous for both me and my baby. I won't get into detail, but I hated being judged for something I couldn't help.
    And I don't mean this in a nasty way. At all! = )

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm really happy to hear that a majority of you wouldn't judge a mum based on her appearance. That's fantastic!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

missybubble  (27-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I believe it's human nature to judge - its how we express such judgement that separates us. By being vocal to the person about it or b*tching to someone else about it you are leaving yourself open to judgement from others. By judging, taking it on board and resolving to be or not be like that, then that is turning a stereotypically bad trait into a good one.

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I am the mum the looks exhausted and bedragled, I am the mum with the sceaming kid, I am the mum of the child that throws her self on the floor and is un controlable, I am the mum that tries to convince her to walk nicely out of the shot, the mum that ends up carrying her out of the shop while I get punched in the fcae and kicked and my hair pulled and my arms pinched.

All while other mums look at me in disgust about my unruly child, and the way i look and the way she looks.

I am a mum of a child with special needs, a child who freaks out when people stare at her, and doesnt under stand the more she freaks out the more they look.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nowhere For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (28-03-2012)

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    I am the mum the looks exhausted and bedragled, I am the mum with the sceaming kid, I am the mum of the child that throws her self on the floor and is un controlable, I am the mum that tries to convince her to walk nicely out of the shot, the mum that ends up carrying her out of the shop while I get punched in the fcae and kicked and my hair pulled and my arms pinched.

All while other mums look at me in disgust about my unruly child, and the way i look and the way she looks.

I am a mum of a child with special needs, a child who freaks out when people stare at her, and doesnt under stand the more she freaks out the more they look.
    You looked alright when Mik almost ran into my mums trolley at joondalup on Friday

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    As for judging people, gosh I'm the last one who should be judging anyone lol. I rocked up for school pick up today in tight dance pants, a baggy pearl jam tshirt and covered in dirt from head to toe... Come to think of it I probably smelled a bit funky too I'd spent all day digging out a garden bed.

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztik View Post
    You looked alright when Mik almost ran into my mums trolley at joondalup on Friday
    OMG you seen us that day PlEASE tell me it was at the start of the trip before she completely fell apart out side target and then ended upon the floor, it got so bad the security gaurd even asked if there was a problem and if she ws my daughter.

Did i see you i cant remember lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post

That sounds so hard, I'm feeling for you. What would you say to those mothers who give you those looks if you had the time and energy?

I judge the teenage mum still hanging out in her pack of teenage friends with a child in tow, as if it's business as usual down the mall _ as if having a baby didn't change anything in her head. Especially if the kid is in a haze of cigarette smoke, being ignored, and if it's too late in the day...and if it looks like no lessons were learned about contraception.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pru40 For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (28-03-2012)