+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OurLittleBlessing View Post
    Yeah, it's probably not too great that she chose to BF *during* smoking. But I just think, good on her for BF in public.

You may or may not know that according to the WHO it is better for a smoking mum to BF than FF...

Just goes to show that you really can't win, because I'm sure if she was FF someone would have something to say on a forum about that too.
    I'm quite sure they don't recommend smoking whilst actively breastfeeding your baby though considering all the warnings about the dangers of smoking in front of your children which is what I assumed she was judging. Surely if you're a smoker you can wait until your baby has finished feeding before lighting up.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Areca For This Useful Post:

Alimia  (27-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah, fair enough.

I was just trying to prove a point

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OurLittleBlessing View Post
    Yeah, fair enough.

I was just trying to prove a point
    That's not what I was saying. I couldn't care less how the child was getting fed my point was she was smoking whilst doing it. Do you get my point

Guest Guest
    No to all of those. I envy mums who look good more than anything, never judge in a bad way just wish I could look like that and buy some threads.
    Also you don't know where they've just come from or going.
    People who say stuff like that to you op are just jealous, easiest way to bring someone down they're threatened by.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't care how a mum dresses but always wonder how you can change a nappy with long nails!! Genuinely curious!

But behaviour upsets me or makes.me angry. Swearing at kids used to make me angry but now I've got kids it really upsets me. Breaks my heart. Smoking in front of kids I don't understand. Thank God it's illegal to smoke in cars with kids but it can't be policed. I just wish common sense would make people realise that you should NEVER smoke.near kids.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat21 For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And, OP, good on you for keeping up with looking good! Whatever makes you feel good. If that's makeup and good clothes or a pony tail and trackies, as long as you are comfortable outside and inside, that's.what matters!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat21 For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (27-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How weird. I was just thinking about this yesterday, researching books about judgement as I really wanna change my way. I am getting better with little things that always worried me before, like eg the beloved circumcision threads here that get completely out of control because mums judge other mums. I really couldnt care less for that matter. But sometimes I still catch myself getting caught in a thought that actually is none of my business. Maybe it comes with being passionate about sth, and I am passionate with many parenting choices I make. But I am working on myself ) Brought on by the wish to foster when I am mature enough as I realised fostering a child and being judgemental def doesnt go together...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nicky2006 For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (27-03-2012),SugarSkull  (27-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would like to say no but i do and it's only things that irk me like smoking around children, not having your baby restrained while you are driving, in winter not putting socks on their feet and parents who just don't dicipline their children.

I do sometimes judge what people wear but only if it's not appropriate.

I used to be one of these people that would dress up to go to the supermarket but since moving here i just don't care anymore, i go to the supermarket in my trackies with DH's hoodie on and my ugg boots and if people want to judge then good on them

14. The Following User Says Thank You to hoping28 For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I try not to judge based on appearance but I have before when i've seen a local young mother with brand new hair extentions, fake nails, spray tans, new clothes, bags ect and her daughter is filthy, in dirty clothes being pushed around in a broken stroller everytime I see her. And yet she brags about spending money on herself on FB... makes me sick!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cassiet88 For This Useful Post:

love23  (27-11-2013)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I will confess that in the past I have been a bit judgy wudgy about bottle feeding (please don't lynch me) but then a friends daughter had a double mastectomy at 23 years of age and I thought of all of the judgement that she might be in for if she has kids, which made me think of all of the things that go on in peoples lives that we can not even imagine. I do still have weak moments of judgyness though.