+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    No because I am to busy judging myself as a mum.
    this is basically me.

I do notice other peoples appearances, and sometimes i judge them for that or their behaviour (and then smack my own hand - metaphorically or not ).
    But i certainly don't think worse of any person because of their appearance or age

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gandalf For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (27-03-2012),SugarSkull  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    See, I got this today at my first mothers group. I'm the girl who always has her hair and makeup done, who never leaves the house wearing PJ's or track pants, who's legs and underarms are always shaved and clean.
    The women in my group starting talking about "these" women today and why they bother doing it and how they find time and what not.
    I couldn't help but feel judged and uncomfortable. I don't do it because I don't have confidence. I do it because that's how I was raised and it stuck with me.
    I wear makeup because I love makeup. I'm studying makeup artistry at the moment. I'm a girl, I love fashion, hair and makeup. Shoot me. I felt like I was being judged today. Just the way they were saying some of things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkCherry View Post
    See, I got this today at my first mothers group. I'm the girl who always has her hair and makeup done, who never leaves the house wearing PJ's or track pants, who's legs and underarms are always shaved and clean.
    The women in my group starting talking about "these" women today and why they bother doing it and how they find time and what not.
    I couldn't help but feel judged and uncomfortable. I don't do it because I don't have confidence. I do it because that's how I was raised and it stuck with me.
    I wear makeup because I love makeup. I'm studying makeup artistry at the moment. I'm a girl, I love fashion, hair and makeup. Shoot me. I felt like I was being judged today. Just the way they were saying some of things.
    See I would never judge this if I were to judge someone. I would see you and think to myself what a beautiful mummy. I don't leave the house without make up either. I love makeup.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

Madame Mayhem  (27-03-2012),SugarSkull  (27-03-2012)

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not unless they're treating their kids badly (swearing at them for example.), or letting them run wild, I hate how some parents just let their kids get away with anything and everything. No you don't have to smack your kids but they do need discipline.

I used to work in a shop and so many parents just ignored their kids...also it used to infuriate me when they'd come in with 5 brats all running around dropping food on the floor...if you can't be stuffed looking after them, simple, don't have that many kids!!

Oh yeah and I can't stand when bogans reproduce...you can see exactly how their kids are going to turn out (which is basically all of what I mentioned above.)

As for the way the mum looks, who gives a stuff (as long as she's clean!), it has nothing to do with being a good mum.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to missybubble For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, a lot of the time I am busy thinking about what people will be judging me on. I think I over compensate, which is why my make up is always done, my hair done etc.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Uh-Oh For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh I do.. I'm usually the one eyeballing the hot mums :-) go girls!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VintageLover For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i'll look at someone like that [you] and assume that they have completely different priorities to me and thats ok.
    i'd rather spend those 10minutes reading, than doing my nails not that i'm allowed to do nail polish for work anyway, and i look stupid with make-up on. so i'd rather read

other than that, eh?
    maybe i just judge everyone equally

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not usually but today I saw a mother beast feeding her baby whilst smoking. Poor form on her behalf!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Alimia For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't let it get to ya darkcherry! They probably wish they had half of your flare...

I was brought up the same really and always take pride in my appearance, it makes me happy to do so :-)

Keep it up :-)

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VintageLover For This Useful Post:

KillerHeels  (27-03-2012),SugarSkull  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alimia View Post
    Not usually but today I saw a mother beast feeding her baby whilst smoking. Poor form on her behalf!!
    That is disgraceful!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast