+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Passing judgement

Do you ever find yourself judging a mum you see on the street because of what she's wearing, or the way she has done her hair and makeup?
    Do you ever judge young mums?
    Older mums?
    Do you judge mums if they wear tight clothing?
    Do you find certain mums easier to approach???

Thanks
    Reviews
    I judged a mum today.

She was looking at the same rental property as me. Her little boy was running throughout the house, looking in all the rooms. He ran into the garage, but didn't realize there was a step down into there, and fell straight into it and whacked his head on the concrete floor.

He ran over to his Mum bawling his eyes out (as you do when you're a toddler and you just whacked your head on the concrete), and she looked at him and said in the meanest tone I have ever heard "Serves you right for running around like a f-ing idiot". When he didn't immediately stop crying she grabbed him by the shirt and said if he didn't stop crying she would give him something to cry about.

So no, I don't judge people based solely on how they look, but I do judge them based on how I see them treat others.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Shoopuf For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, mainly I am just jealous of ANY Mums

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shoopuf For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (26-03-2012),Sariele  (27-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If a mum (or anyone for that matter) does something I don't agree with, I'll judge them. In general though I like to try and reserve judgements until I know a person first, but sometimes first impressions are hard to get over.

I'm only human.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (27-03-2012),SugarSkull  (27-03-2012)

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Not really, to all of those. I don't tend to notice other mums really. Unless their children are being less than pleasant and then I just feel sorry for them.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

kiwimum01  (27-03-2012),OurLittleBlessing  (27-03-2012),SugarSkull  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes, but I almost always keep judgement to myself.

There are things that completely irk me, like smoking, smoking while pregnant, smoking while holding your child, smoking with your child in the car.

I usually don't judge based on looks or age, but I do find it easier to approach mothers my own age.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was a mum at 17.
    I think older mum's are beautiful!
    Tight clothing; regardless of them being a mum or not, if it looks terrible I'll think, hmm, don't they own a mirror?? If they're pulling off the look, more power to them!
    I find the other mum's who return my smile easier to approach.. the amount of snobby mum's I've encountered over the years has disheartened me. I walked in to the first day of DS's kindy years ago and said hello to everyone, yet the number of mum's who completely ignored me left me jaded. Maybe I forgot that I was still so young looking at the time and possibly being judged myself?
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 27-03-2012 at 06:34.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    everyone judges...it might not have a negative slant...but it is how we survive.

First impressions leave a mark...when we walk down the street we have to make judgements on what to do, where to walk, where is safe and where isn't. To to this we look at our surroundings and the people in it.

I am normally very vague so stuff happens with other people and i don't notice...especially clothing lol

Things that jump out to me is swearing or smoking (cause i avoid it and keep my kids away), drunken/erratic behaviour, people arguing. Mainly, these are for safety.

I do hate seeing parents treating their kids like crap. It makes me angry and i feel sorry for the kids.

I do feel for parents who are doing their best under tough circumstances and do my best to show support.

it is tough...judgement keeps us safe but yes, sometimes i am sure i have jumped to the wrong conclusion.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (26-03-2012),lovesushi  (27-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Do you ever find yourself judging a mum you see on the street because of what she's wearing, or the way she has done her hair and makeup?
    No.

Do you ever judge young mums?
    No.

Older mums?
    No. (I'm not ageist).

Do you judge mums if they wear tight clothing?
    Depends on where they are. Tits hanging out at a school play, um...wear something more respectful luv. But if they're clubbing, go for it.

Do you find certain mums easier to approach???
    I find certain types of people easier to approach. Whether they are a mum or not doesn't really come into it.

However, I admit I do judge when a mother does not adequately look after their child.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caviar For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (27-03-2012),SugarSkull  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I try not to judge unless I see things like smoking etc. but......

When I go to get mail for work I see this mum all the time pushing her little baby asleep in the pram with no shade on the baby!! It really irks me, I live In Mackay where ull b sweaty hot by 8am, the sun bearing down on the little baby! I jst wanna pull over and whip out my muslin wrap that's in my boot.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennos Mummy For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (28-03-2012)