+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bitter much???

So iwent up to DD's school today to help make her easter hat, all the kids were asking the teacher when they could take them home, teacher says friday after the parade, except for my DD who is having her tonsils out that day. From up the back of the room comes a really exasperated 'Oh what ur kidding'. I turn around and one mum is looking like she'll snap any minute 'MY twins have been on the waiting list for ages and we haven't heard anything' The tone in her voice and the look on her face were really mean spirited. When i told her there was a visiting surgeon so they're trying to clear the back-log and suggested she give the hospital a call she didn't even reply!! Am i overreacting or is that really bitter,?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd try not to take it personally, she's probably frustrated at the medical system not at you.

Good luck for friday!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sakabla For This Useful Post:

haylithan  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    She needs to get a life and wait just like everyone else. It's not like you give out the appointments.

I don't think your overreacting. Some people just need to move on.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LillyPonds For This Useful Post:

haylithan  (26-03-2012)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree, she's probably just frustrated with the system. Shouldn't have made YOU feel bad for it though, it's hardly your fault.
    And has she not heard of the triage concept? You deal with the worst 'injured' or ill people first and get them sorted. Perhaps her kids aren't as high a risk as your DD.
    It's hardly your fault.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

haylithan  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    not exactly sure of her cicumstances, but my DD has been on the list for 2 years and has sleep apnea, maybe her kids don't so not in the same category. Just made me a bit angry that she would take her frustration out on me and DD (who is super excited and could hear this conversation btw)
    I would have thought it would give her a glimmer of hope that the list is actually moving

9. The Following User Says Thank You to haylithan For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (27-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Plain rude and arrogant.

Becks23 is offline thank you for a house full of people I love. Amen
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think she's frustrated and worried about her kids. But she should not blame you either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As everybody else has already said, maybe she's frustrated with the medical system. You know when you hear something that makes you think "wtf" and the room and people around you black out because all you can think of is how unfair something is? Maybe it was like that for her.
    I don't think I would have said it put loud but I then again, I don't know her situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well if she wants to get all upset about waiting like every one else has to, maybe she should look at going private.. Or asking to be referred to more than 1 public hospital to try and get in ASAP.

What a rude woman!! She could have kept her thoughts to her self!!! And how childish to do that in a room full of children...

I have pre cancer sells on my cervix and need to get them removed, got my letter from public for my appointment... 18months!!! What tha?!? By that time it will be cancer :-O
    (we do have private health but haven't served the waiting period)
    We are just going private to get it done now.. I'm booked in for 2 weeks time. Yes it will cost us money.. But we're taking it out of savings then putting it all back in once we get the Medicare rebate that covers 70% of the cost.

If she doesn't want to wait like every one else out there, then she has other options.

And how was she to know that your child hadn't been waiting for 3 years or longer than her twins!!

What a rude woman... I'm sure if her children where violently I'll she would appreciate that fact things are done by priority, and your child has sleep apnea and if hers don't well then yeah your is going to get in sooner..

I would have pulled her aside afterwards and asked what her problem was, and why she felt the need to say that to you in front of every one?

Yes she might be frustrated.. But she isn't the only mother out there that is!

Daughter> 03/02/2011

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Liddybugs For This Useful Post:

LillyPonds  (27-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess the part that rubbed me the wrong way was when i tried to tell her to at least ring and she didn't answer, something about that just really upset me Maybe just extra sensitive cause of the lack of sleep tho lol