+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Miscarriage or not?

Hi Everybody,
    This is the first time that I have posted anything on here, although I have been reading a lot of your threads.
    My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for the last 6 months without any success I work in a fairly stressful environment so my husband took my on an overseas hoiday last month to try to help me to relax. It worked a treat and I've been feeling a lot better since then. I got my period whilst overseas last month and it was on time like it always is.
    Anyway on Monday last week (19/03) I went to work and just felt like I was going to cry all day for no reason that I could even understand. Then on Tuesday morning I had the slightest amount of spot bleeding (implantation bleeding?), sore breasts and cramping in my stomach as though I was perhaps getting my period a week early. Then on Wednesday I didn't notice the spot bleeding, but the cramping was certainly there (or more so a pressure feeling). On Thursday morning I did a pregnancy test which said negative and again I was really emotional all day (and I don't think that this was necessarily in relation to the results of the test) and was bursting into tears for no reason. Again I had sore breasts and spot bleeding. The sore breasts, cramping/pressure and spot bleeding lasted until yesterday when I woke up with incredible pain and I had bled through all of my pajamas (which NEVER happens to me, I don't even bleed at night time usually). All day yesterday I had blod clots and the pain was constant all day. Today I have dark brown spotting and not really very much and no pain anywhere. My period is supposed to be due tomorrow and I am NEVER early. Without going to see the doctor can anyone else tell me whether I may have just had a miscarriage (all of my sisters and mother have had miscarriages for their first pregnancy)? This just doesn't seem like a normal period to me.......

Thanks
    Reviews
    i would say no not a miscarriage. when you have a miscarriage, the pregnancy hormone stays in the body for a little while. A negative test most likely is true, HOWEVER, if you were only JUST pregnant, the hormones can disappear faster. so either they had already disappeared and can be classed as a "missed miscarriage" or you never were pregnant to begin with. you'l never know for sure. sorry xox

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dragonia For This Useful Post:

Desperate2beMum  (26-03-2012),loumia  (27-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Dragonia. I was going to wait and see what happens because I thought there would be little point in going to see the doctor plus I'd be so embarrassed if she said that it was just my period. I've made an appointment to see the naturopath on Wednesday though to see if he can help us. This baby making is a lot harder than I had first expected!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish I could share my super fertility with you :P keep at it though, I hope bubs is just around the corner xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    First of all TTC can be so hard both physically & emotionally. DH & i were TTC number 3 for almost 12 months without any success until we tried SMEP & we got pg first go. I would honestly recommend it if you haven't tried it already. There's a website that explains it all, just do a google search.
    Sending you lots of super sticky

DD3 - Only 7 weeks to go until we meet

7. The Following User Says Thank You to loumia For This Useful Post:

Desperate2beMum  (31-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dragonia- I did notice your incredible fertility!! I'm very jealous!

Ioumia- can you please explain what those acronyms stand for? Sorry I'm new at this

I saw the doctor and the naturopath during the week. The doctor said that she thinks it was a miscarriage and that I am no longer pregnant . I think today will be the first day that I haven't had bleeding or pain in 12 days. We've got a wedding to go to today (with two pregnant friends) and I really don't want to go!

Thanks for your help ladies