+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Partner in jail, friends left my town

I have my 2 kids, an unsupporting family and a partner in jail (until at least 2014). Expecting number 3. Friends all moved away and work/don't answer phone. Where do you turn when you have no-one to turn to?

Oblena is offline I've done it in public and I'll do it again - I don't care who sees!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    local play group? Does the MCHN have any contacts for you - or a play group centre near you that can recommend a group for you to join?

If you don't mind - a local church may also have a play group for you to join

Maybe start a contact list at the local kinder or school - does DD1 go to either? Volunteer on the committee so you can make friends and meet up

Start a thread in the WA section stating your suburb and people may contact you

xoxox

Thanks
    Reviews
    live in a small town, it's hard to find other mums with free time but thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A forum like this one? It helps with some adult contact, even if it is only in text.

Oblena is offline I've done it in public and I'll do it again - I don't care who sees!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    does the local library have things on? I know it is hard to break the ice - I don't know if I could do it, but maybe you could feel less lonely. Does the community centre in your town have things you can go to with the kids?

Thanks
    Reviews
    sweetseven, this is about the only chance I get to chat with others like me lol.
    n our community don't do too much, we have mothers group, but that isn't until baby is born. still have 6 months til that's happening. I know of a couple girls in my town who are also pregnant, I've contacted them, but one has 2 mothers groups already and the other works a lot. And because the size of my town, I don't want too many people knowing I'm pregnant yet.... lol