+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't find solids helped much with sleeping. DD was having a sleeping change about then too. She still wakes once overnight (yay!) for a feed. Some babies can sleep longer, some shorter... depends on bub. I too think there is way too much pressure to have bub sleeping all night. It'll happen eventually when bub is ready.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely agree, i HATE that my mil is trying to pressure me on giving bub farex so he will sleep overnight. im a firm believer in that they will do it when they are ready.

Thanks for the responses everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought some Farex and then when I tasted it I decided that I would never give it to my DS, it is totally foul and looks and tastes like cardboard. I gave steamed apples and pears as my first food which are yummy.

Maybe challenge your MIL to eat a packet and then see if she is still so keen on you giving it to her grandson/daughter.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ilovehats For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (27-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    my bubs were sleeping through at about 8 weeks so i didnt do it to help them sleep, i didnt need to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewbeginnings View Post
    Did it help your bub sleep better? The MIL insists if i give baby farex he will sleep alllll night long without waking up.. he wakes once a night btw. LOL
    Nah, he was already sleeping through (from about 6 weeks). I started him on solids cos he was ready!
    if you wana get him to sleep through, try the dream feed...just google, dream feed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started my DS on farex at 4 months due to him having terrible reflux. I tried DD at 4 months also and she didn't want to try.

My pead recommends waiting until 6 months unless they have reflux or are hungry babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    First of all DONT let anyone force you to do something your not eady to do. Second of all DONT compare your baby to anyone elses. They are ALL different.
    Lastly DO what you feel is right. Use your common sense and trust your own instincts as they are 99% of the time correct!

To help you out with your questions my DD was about 3mths when she reached out for a piece of pasta i was putting in my mouth. Then the following night she was gnawing on a pizza crust that i gave her.
    I waitied untill 4mths to give her farax because thats what the packet said.

Your MCHN should give you a load of info and reading info about introducing solids if you ask.