+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Pregnant after miscarriage, first scan on Friday .... anxious :-(

Hi everyone, I am a new member of BubHub but a frequent viewer of posts. I have 4 wonderful kids, aged 8, 6, 5 & 3. Last year we lost our precious #5 at 12 weeks. Completely random as we I have never had any difficulties with conception, pregnancy or birth. My doc is convinced it was my exposure to Slap-Cheek virus @ 10weeks that caused it but we'll never know.
    I am delighted to be pregnant again ... but will I ever be able to relax into the joy of this pregnancy? My first ultrasound is on Friday, I will be about 8 weeks along, and I am terrified. I would love to hear from others who have survived a pregnancy after miscarriage, how do I manage the anxiety of these early weeks? Does it get easier?
    Thank-you in advance and strong, healthy baby wishes to all.

Jen
    (MyTribe)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi and welcome

I had a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks at the beginning of this month so for your loss.

I don't think the fear will ever go away in teh "what if it happens again" game but my question to you is this, "Is there anything you can do about it that can stop it if it were to happen again?" And of course the answer is no.

I understand your concerns, fears and worries as I'm sure when the wonderful day comes again that I fall pregnant, that i will be the same but at the end of the day I guess you have to make the choice in how you decide to react to what you think. You can have the thought of what if it happens again but you can also control how you react to it. You can acknowledge the thought and let it pass you by like a leaf floating down the river and choose to only think positive wonderful thoughts for your baby so that you can feel better about things or you can obsess about every little thing thinking that this could be it .. the moment you lose your baby.

No one can promise you that it won't happen again unfortunately but I can promise you that there is nothing that you can do or not do that will change the outcome.

I hope you don't take offence to what I've said .. I guess I just want you to see that you can choose how you react to your thoughts but you can't choose the outcome.

Personally .. I'm certain you'll be fine ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Her Jen,

My first pregnancy resulted in a
    miscarriage, these things just happen often there is nothing we have done to cause it. 9 years later I had my first healthy baby girl who is now 8 months old and I had no probs when pregnant or during the birth. Like you though all I could think about while I was pregnant, esp during those first few months was losing her. I just tried to stay positive, not stress, look after myself as best I could and tried not to think about the 'what if'. Good luck with the scan, I'm sure you & bub will be fine. <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your quick reply. Everything you said makes perfect sense and I guess I already knew it deep down, but sometimes its important to be reminded. I appreciate your time and honesty in your answer.
    I see that you named your precious baby, I also felt that naming her was an important step in my grieving process. Our angel's name is Agnes (Nessa for short.)
    Kindest regards, and wishes of strength to you.
    Jen
    (MyTribe)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi and Welcome!

I can tell you that it's 100% normal to feel what you're feeling. I lost my last bub at 18 weeks and I was pretty paranoid and nervous thinking one little thing wasn't normal coming up to the milestone and small relief afterwards.
    Again every woman I know still isn't 100% settled until 25weeks has passed.

Don't try to let the fear overcome the blessing of a baby but you will feel better after each milestone. I'm at 33weeks now and due to have my little rainbow miracle but I wasn't without that niggling fear when 18weeks came up.

I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months =)

Sent from my LT15a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MyTribe View Post
    Thank you for your quick reply. Everything you said makes perfect sense and I guess I already knew it deep down, but sometimes its important to be reminded. I appreciate your time and honesty in your answer.
    I see that you named your precious baby, I also felt that naming her was an important step in my grieving process. Our angel's name is Agnes (Nessa for short.)
    Kindest regards, and wishes of strength to you.
    Jen
    (MyTribe)
    Yes naming our gorgeous baby was a HUGE step in my grieving process. To me he was my baby and he deserved a name

We are currently TTC again so fingers crossed I caught the egg this month!

Your baby's name is gorgeous and I sincerely wish you a "boring" 9 months ahead .. boring in the best possible way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i have 2 kids and since my second, I've had 2 miscarriages (one at 7 weeks, one at 4 n a half weeks)... I'm pregnant atm, so far so good, sitting at 11+2 atm. had an ultrasound at 9+5, 176 bpm. that was a relief to see a heartbeat. and I know it's growing strong because my blood sugar keeps going low (although bad, it's good because it wouldn't do that if I wasn't pregnant still). I'll be hitting "safe-zone" (I know not completely safe, but more so than I am now) on saturday. I know it's scary, I kept having scary dreams that I was bleeding. But it was all just subconscious worries. Just relax and I truely hope the scan puts your mind more at ease, and hope the pregnancy progresses well xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck xo