+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Soy food for bub

Hi, my ds has a Cow's milk protein intolerance and has been on neocate since he was about 5 weeks old. Recently we have been trying to intoduce soy to his diet and has been going well so far on it.
    Everything seems to have some sort of milk product in it so it seems, does anyone have any snack/yoghurts for kids that are soy based? I have looked everywhere but really struggling to find anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's tricky to find a lot of soy based foods, but I've home cooked lots of recipes and simply switched the cows milk for soy milk. They have all turned out fine.

I've made a few pikelet recipes using soy milk that have turned out really well, favourite is a blueberry and banana pikelet using some rice cereal as well, good for some extra iron intake!

You can get soy yoghurt but I've yet to find one without loads of sugar so we tend to steer clear.
    I've also bought soy cream cheese, I think it tastes like glue but DS seems to like it!

Have you used goats cheese? DS isn't a fan but i know some bubs that like it.

My DS loves soy milk so whipping up a soy milk smoothy is an easy one, just add some fruit!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We get the vanilla soy life yoghurts for DD2. And the cheese we get is lo-chol and it's a soy cheese. Tofutti in a tub and tastes a lot like philadelphia cream cheese.

eta: we do smoothies with soy milk, a scoop of soy ice cream and 2 of the creative gourmet smoothie cubes.
    Last edited by Dannielle; 26-03-2012 at 15:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where abouts do you get your soy based cream cheese from? And is the yoghurt with all the other kids yoghurt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The Tofutti cream cheese is in a tub like a small tub of margarine and in the fridge near the cheese's and feta etc. Says Tofutti better than cream cheese on it. I get it from Woolworths.

And the yogurt is with the yoghurts but usually on the top shelf, so not right next to all the other yoghurts. Sometimes it's near the greek style yoghurts at the shops I get it from. (I have seen it at IGA, Frankllins, Woolworths & coles)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you very much