+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default My son alway vomits at day care

Hi,

I am hoping to get some help on this forum.
    My son is now 2 years and 2months. he vomits at the family fay care atleast three times a day.

When he is at home with me for 4 days a week, he does nto vomits at all!

he is at the care for three days a week. GP says there is nothing wrong with him. now my carer is saying to look for another carer, I am very much disappointed as it is very hard to find a carer in our place. it took 9months for me to search for a carer and now i have to search again!

pls advise any ideas you can help me out with?

thanks
    JO

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh gosh. Is this in a center or family daycare?

Have u seen the proof of the vomiting?

Also, if there is nothing wrong with him, the vomiting coukd be coming from stress. It probably would be wise to try a different carer if thats the case. Poor little fella.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does she supply the food or do you? He could be eating something that doesn't agree with him. Different types of milk, homemade food??? As said above it could be stress. The only other thing I can think of is he becomes so upset he ends up vomiting? I'm only speculating here and offering suggestions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Guys,

Thank for quick response.

my son has been going to her care since DEC16 2011 and these issues have appeared since Feb 2012 month end. i dont understand why these issues appeared recently. are kids supposed through pass this stage?

what kind of medical tests can i ask my doctor to conduct? any suggestions please.

I have quit my full time job and shifted to parttime three days a week. if this continues i have to quit my wrk completely, which is hard to live here in AUS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Have they had any changes there that could be affecting him? New carer, or kids? Stress can affect kids differently to adults. Can you go there one day and observe him without him seeing you? See how he is reacting to people, what they are feeding him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Does the carer call you to pick him up when he vomits?

I ask because we had a little girl who had been in the center for 2 years and vomited once and we called her mum who came to collect her..she began vomiting every day just so we would call mum. Once we cottoned on, we spoke to mum and the next few times she vomited we just cleaned her up with minimum fuss and didnt call mum.. it stopped very quickly!

Otherwise as other have suggested, could it be something she is feeding him?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Guys,

Thanks again to all your responses.

the carer feeds my packed lunch from home. no should not be an issue with this.

I would definetly think its stress and as per my doctor, I will ask my carer to be more friendly and playful; untill he is clamed down, and not to call when e vomits as he might be taking it for granted as when he vomits mom comes and picks up..i will try for three weeks and if no use i will switch the carer.

I will let you know the progress by next week! 'fingers crossed'