At the moment my 2.5 yr old DS is playing up big time around other children. (pushing, throwing toys, hitting with toys...) It has gotten worse the last few weeks since I had another baby and also my father just passed away and my mother has been diagnosed with cancer, so my stress levels would be a lot higher.
He attends day care 2x per week (Tue and Fri) from approx 9am - 4.30pm. They have told me about his behaviour getting worse and how he for no reason hurts other children.
Could the day be too long for him (he has a short sleep)?
I am not sure if I should:
* Take him out all together from day care?
* Keep him there, but reduce to just one day per week. (maybe join a play group the other day)
* Keep him the full two days (dont change anything)
* Take him to half day care (9.15am - 12 noon) two days per week. It is in a different room with different carers and children. The outside area isnt that great in comparison to the day care as it just has one slide and cubby house (my DS loves outside).
* Reduce to one day normal day care (Tue current place) the 2nd day (Fri) at half day care. (so two different places.)
Please offer suggestions I am in tears most of the time thinking about this and crying to the carers and anyone else I talk to!