+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default after some answers........

hi i am pregnant with my first child, and am seriously considering an elective c-section, as my husband and i live on a farm 5 hrs from family and i plan on delivering bub near family it would work out for us if i had bub on a certain day so everyone who needs to be there can be there as were all spread far and wide. i was just wondering if public hospitals will fulfill my wishes to have a c-section? how early they will do it? and just any advice or info about them would be much appreciated.... thank you so much xxx

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hello.

I think it depends on the hospital, but i would assume you would find it difficult because its purely for convenience.

Perhaps do some solid research and weigh up the pros and cns for you and baby, before you approach the hospital about it.

Goodluck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    usually you need a medical reason at a public hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    have you consisdered 'induction' rather than c-section. With induction you can book a date to be induced. Im not really sure of problems you will have with docs allowing you to do it but it would be better than a c-section IMO.

Madame Mayhem is offline Who you are is who you should be, don't change for anyone
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with Diamond eyes most public hospitals will not do social c/sections for convenience reasons. Would tou maybe consider an induction on or near your due date? I know that is still not ideal and comes with its own risks but may be a more likely request to get granted In the public system but I recommend speaking to your care provider in relation to the hospital you want to birth in. and also really research in to c sections before you make any final decisions ( which I'm sure you will anyway)

As for when they do it normally electives are done in the 39th week of pregnancy

Good luck

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    public hospitals will not allow you to have an elective. They require medical reasons.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    i would assume you would find it difficult because its purely for convenience.
    i also have had blood pressure issues through out my entire pregnancy and am currently on medication for it so i guess the ob's would have to take that into consideration also, and after all i think it's the right choice for ME and MY baby.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMaria View Post
    i also have had blood pressure issues through out my entire pregnancy and am currently on medication for it so i guess the ob's would have to take that into consideration also, and after all i think it's the right choice for ME and MY baby.

Well you didnt state that in your original post at all, u stated it was so everyone you wanted there would be there, and plenty of others have given the same reply, so why u chose to quote me and use your capital letters is beyond me, but if u dont want replies then dont post.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (26-03-2012),GothChick  (26-03-2012),Liddybugs  (26-03-2012),Witwicky  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my c section in a public hospital. There was no medical reason for it, however, I did have to go into the psychological reasons behind it.
    As for how early they would do it, I doubt any hospital would do it before 38 weeks unless there were complications.Most are around 39 weeks and a few days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    Well you didnt state that in your original post at all, u stated it was so everyone you wanted there would be there, and plenty of others have given the same reply, so why u chose to quote me and use your capital letters is beyond me, but if u dont want replies then dont post.
    Sorry, im new to all this i was adding the blood pressure thing into it i didnt realize i didnt put it in, in my first post. i didnt mean anything by it............ the capitals that is i just think that we should be able to chose what we want it is rather unfair, it wasnt aimed at u, i used ur quote as u said it was for convenience and i realized i hadnt put in about blood pressure problems and thort it would make sense... again im sorry i meant no ill will.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMaria For This Useful Post:

GothChick  (26-03-2012)