+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Occasional Care - so proud!

Morning Hubbers!

I am so happy today, DD had her first day of Occasional Care all by herself (without me present, that is) and didn't cry! She was playing with all the other kids and giving lots of cuddles to the staff...she even let one of her help her walk! She usually doesn't like strangers, at all! She was sooooo good! And she's had a little drink of milk and is now happily asleep. Ok, so it was only an hour, it's still early days, but it's a better start than some of the other children there!

I just need to share this, because I'm so proud

However, there was one Mum there filling out forms or whatever and she saw I was in the waiting lounge (I waited around outside the first 10 mins to make sure DD was OK) and the Mum said to me that DD is a bit young for this (she's 9mths) and gave me a dirty look and a tsk tsk! W.T.F Seriously, there are some rude people out there, she has no idea of my circumstances of why my DD and I are there, I was so close to telling her to STFU, but I just said, "Well, it is occasional care...so I'm only doing it when I can't find a minder for DD"

Just put a bit of a damper on my mood, but meh, I'm so proud of DD ^_^

Has anyone ever said anything to any of you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Glad it went well. Ignore peoples comments. They will only get nastier over time. Its nobodies business as to why you access it.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey congratz so glad it went well! Our try at family day care was a disaster so now have a lovely lady who caress for DS at home when u work (he's 11 months).

I returned to work 2 shifts a weeek when DS was 9 months old and have had so many negative comments about how he is too young and I should stay home for at least the first 12months. Another comment was why did I have a child to return to work so early. People need to know that sometimes its best to keel their opinions to themselves!! All mothers experience mummy guilt weather they are working or nit without other people hang it on us!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummyBic View Post
    Another comment was why did I have a child to return to work so early. People need to know that sometimes its best to keel their opinions to themselves!! All mothers experience mummy guilt weather they are working or nit without other people hang it on us!!
    Couldn't agree more! People very quick to judge these days >

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry about dodgy spelling stupid fat finger syndrome on my iPhone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummyBic View Post
    Sorry about dodgy spelling stupid fat finger syndrome on my iPhone
    Don't be silly! It's fine Although my smartphone makes my hands look like an ogre because it's so slim and chic -.-