+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooglekat View Post
    So are the snap covers the same size as the large ones jennibear? I prefer snaps but it's a bit unclear on the site what size the snap covers are.
    Yeah they're the same size as the 'toddler' covers!! Snaps are way better cos then they cant pull them off!!
    What size do we need?

The Green Nappy Company's nappy covers come in three sizes, Newborn, Infant and Toddler. Our nappies are designed to fit from 3.5kg (average birthweight), although they have been used for smaller babies. Sizing depends mainly on the waist measurement and the chubbiness of the thighs. The ages below are given as a guide only. The waist measurements are the best guide for sizing. Some slim children can stay in the Infant size until they are toilet-trained. We now also offer a snaps version in the largest size.

Nappy Size Weight (kg) Waist (cm) Rise (cm) Approx Age
    Newborn 3.5-6 22-45 38 0-6 months
    Infant 5.5-12 30-55 43 5-15 months
    Toddler 10+ 36-65 48 Over 12 months

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jennibear For This Useful Post:

ArthurDent  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If u already have heaps of inserts and things, u could try Flip covers (by BumGenius). They are OSFM and come in snaps or velcro. Have a look at the New Age Nappies website, they stock them!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pippy&Woof For This Useful Post:

ArthurDent  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippy&Woof View Post
    If u already have heaps of inserts and things, u could try Flip covers (by BumGenius). They are OSFM and come in snaps or velcro. Have a look at the New Age Nappies website, they stock them!
    Hmm, they look really good as well, you should go into cloth nappy consulting Pippy&woof, you are full of good ideas!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    KK my DS is 14kg too! Is your back as sore as mine?

We have the Baby beehinds large magicalls and they fit. He also still fits into the multifits. I'll be watching this thread though as we need a few more for our stash and I'd love to try some new brands.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic Hiss View Post
    KK my DS is 14kg too! Is your back as sore as mine?

We have the Baby beehinds large magicalls and they fit. He also still fits into the multifits. I'll be watching this thread though as we need a few more for our stash and I'd love to try some new brands.
    Ha ha, oh god yes! Especially seeing as he still wants to be carried a lot of the day!!

There's so many brands I want to try as well, trying to narrow it down is the problem. I think I'll get either large sized or just some covers this time. That way all my snap in inserts can still be used.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooglekat View Post
    Ha ha, oh god yes! Especially seeing as he still wants to be carried a lot of the day!!

There's so many brands I want to try as well, trying to narrow it down is the problem. I think I'll get either large sized or just some covers this time. That way all my snap in inserts can still be used.
    Large MagicAlls still fit my son too (and they have just brought out an XL size), although they are fairly bulky compared to a lot of my other nappies. But if bulky is not a problem they certainly work very well. I've always found them to be very reliable, and a lot of people seem to be able to use them for nights (extra boosters of course).

Pikapu OSFM covers are on clearance at New Age Nappies at the moment, as are the Thirsties Duo diapers (not the AIO, these are the pocket ones). Just to let u know =)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippy&Woof View Post
    Large MagicAlls still fit my son too (and they have just brought out an XL size), although they are fairly bulky compared to a lot of my other nappies. But if bulky is not a problem they certainly work very well. I've always found them to be very reliable, and a lot of people seem to be able to use them for nights (extra boosters of course).

Pikapu OSFM covers are on clearance at New Age Nappies at the moment, as are the Thirsties Duo diapers (not the AIO, these are the pocket ones). Just to let u know =)
    Thanks Pippy, will check them out.

I have tried the large magic all and I agree with you. It fits him really well and worked well but it's a bulky nappy. No way could I get his clothes over it! Nice for home and naps though.