+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,168
    Thanks
    320
    Thanked
    240
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooglekat View Post
    So are the snap covers the same size as the large ones jennibear? I prefer snaps but it's a bit unclear on the site what size the snap covers are.
    Yeah they're the same size as the 'toddler' covers!! Snaps are way better cos then they cant pull them off!!
    What size do we need?

    The Green Nappy Company's nappy covers come in three sizes, Newborn, Infant and Toddler. Our nappies are designed to fit from 3.5kg (average birthweight), although they have been used for smaller babies. Sizing depends mainly on the waist measurement and the chubbiness of the thighs. The ages below are given as a guide only. The waist measurements are the best guide for sizing. Some slim children can stay in the Infant size until they are toilet-trained. We now also offer a snaps version in the largest size.

    Nappy Size Weight (kg) Waist (cm) Rise (cm) Approx Age
    Newborn 3.5-6 22-45 38 0-6 months
    Infant 5.5-12 30-55 43 5-15 months
    Toddler 10+ 36-65 48 Over 12 months

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to jennibear For This Useful Post:

    ArthurDent  (26-03-2012)

  3. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    644
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked
    83
    Reviews
    29
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If u already have heaps of inserts and things, u could try Flip covers (by BumGenius). They are OSFM and come in snaps or velcro. Have a look at the New Age Nappies website, they stock them!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pippy&Woof For This Useful Post:

    ArthurDent  (26-03-2012)

  5. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,403
    Thanks
    760
    Thanked
    559
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippy&Woof View Post
    If u already have heaps of inserts and things, u could try Flip covers (by BumGenius). They are OSFM and come in snaps or velcro. Have a look at the New Age Nappies website, they stock them!
    Hmm, they look really good as well, you should go into cloth nappy consulting Pippy&woof, you are full of good ideas!

  6. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,530
    Thanks
    377
    Thanked
    1,526
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    KK my DS is 14kg too! Is your back as sore as mine?

    We have the Baby beehinds large magicalls and they fit. He also still fits into the multifits. I'll be watching this thread though as we need a few more for our stash and I'd love to try some new brands.

  7. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,403
    Thanks
    760
    Thanked
    559
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic Hiss View Post
    KK my DS is 14kg too! Is your back as sore as mine?

    We have the Baby beehinds large magicalls and they fit. He also still fits into the multifits. I'll be watching this thread though as we need a few more for our stash and I'd love to try some new brands.
    Ha ha, oh god yes! Especially seeing as he still wants to be carried a lot of the day!!

    There's so many brands I want to try as well, trying to narrow it down is the problem. I think I'll get either large sized or just some covers this time. That way all my snap in inserts can still be used.

  8. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    644
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked
    83
    Reviews
    29
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooglekat View Post
    Ha ha, oh god yes! Especially seeing as he still wants to be carried a lot of the day!!

    There's so many brands I want to try as well, trying to narrow it down is the problem. I think I'll get either large sized or just some covers this time. That way all my snap in inserts can still be used.
    Large MagicAlls still fit my son too (and they have just brought out an XL size), although they are fairly bulky compared to a lot of my other nappies. But if bulky is not a problem they certainly work very well. I've always found them to be very reliable, and a lot of people seem to be able to use them for nights (extra boosters of course).

    Pikapu OSFM covers are on clearance at New Age Nappies at the moment, as are the Thirsties Duo diapers (not the AIO, these are the pocket ones). Just to let u know =)

  9. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,403
    Thanks
    760
    Thanked
    559
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippy&Woof View Post
    Large MagicAlls still fit my son too (and they have just brought out an XL size), although they are fairly bulky compared to a lot of my other nappies. But if bulky is not a problem they certainly work very well. I've always found them to be very reliable, and a lot of people seem to be able to use them for nights (extra boosters of course).

    Pikapu OSFM covers are on clearance at New Age Nappies at the moment, as are the Thirsties Duo diapers (not the AIO, these are the pocket ones). Just to let u know =)
    Thanks Pippy, will check them out.

    I have tried the large magic all and I agree with you. It fits him really well and worked well but it's a bulky nappy. No way could I get his clothes over it! Nice for home and naps though.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2012, 00:32
  2. Ring Re-sized?
    By MumDadBoyandGirl in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-04-2012, 10:44
  3. Which wrap/carrier for NB/older child (Im large sized)
    By Buttoneska in forum Product Recommendations & Questions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-04-2012, 17:09

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Tambo Teddies
Visit our online store and select your individually handmade natural sheepskin teddy bear. Our soft and loveable bears come in a range of styles and colours. Created in Outback Queensland each bear is unique individual. 100% Australian made!
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
ProSwim
ProSwim Rostrevor runs learn to swim classes for children and adults. Lessons are run during the Summer months (Oct-Mar). Our indoor centre at Plympton Park has lessons all year round, including school holidays.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!