+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Did your DP/DH do something nice...

...when you had to go back to work after maternity leave?

I'm on the train heading to my first day back, and feeling a bit down.

DD is out of sorts at the moment so nights are a bit of a struggle.

I suggested to DH a week ago that we go out for dinner to sort of mark the end of my mat leave and going back to work. He said it sounded like a good idea but then he didn't do anything about it.

I thought at least he'd make the effort to give me a full nights sleep before my first day, but no. He had a nice nights sleep while I got up at midnight and 3:30am to DD. I have a 1hr40min commute by car & train to get to work so have to get up and out of the house by 7am at the latest.

Not even a "have a good first day back!" this morning.

In his defence he does have a cold at the moment, but when I've got a cold I have to push through it - all part of the gig, you don't get sick days from being a parent!

Sigh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hugs... I hope your first day back is everything you thought it would be. Just think at the end of it, you get to see that beautiful bubba of yours and give her a hug and kiss! And she will be so happy to see her mummy... To celebrate returning, I would see if some of you work colleagues would go to lunch with you... All the best, today will be the hardest, but after seeing your DD tonight it makes it all worth it!

A.
    xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babylove81 For This Useful Post:

Cue  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Have a great first day back!!! I think you definitely deserved a full sleep last night so I'd be putting dibs on getting it tonight after your first day back. He might need to be reminded that you feel like you need a bit of support, it's a big deal going back to work!
    How long has it been since you've worked? I'm interested in hearing about how it went as returning to work is something that had been on my mind lately...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Cue  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I dont have a partner or hubby but i start my work placement tomorrow and i have a lovely hubber staying with me atm and she will do doing school runs and picking him up when i cant. Very lucky to have her here as she has been doing that for me anyway.

I woke up this morning and the only thing i have to do for coop was get him out of the bath and dress him. Everything is all good to go to school this morning.

I didnt do last nights dishes either as i was gonna do them this morning but they were done when i woke up.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

Cue  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nope, not at all. All I wanted him to do was do the actual drop off at childcare or atleast be with me as I didnt want to do that and then go all they way to work for the first time (very similiar commute at the time to you). DS had been at the daycare for a couple of weeks transitioning in, it just felt different having to actually leave him and go to work

Alas, he was in a completely different state my first day back. Beyond his control yes, am I still a little bitter, yes! Lol!

The girls at work made me feel so welcome when I got there though that I did have a great first day! I hope you do too

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Uh-Oh For This Useful Post:

Cue  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This was back when i was with DS's father and no, nothing special was done. I didnt really want anything though. He would leave for work even before we woke up.

What ****ed me off though is that if DS would stir when he was already up getting ready for work he wouldnt go and get a bottle or get a dummy for him, he'd still expect me to get up. One day he came in, woke me up and said 'cant you hear ben crying, get off your lazy *** and get him a bottle!!'
    I would sometimes love maybe a sleep in on the weeknds but nope, He'd be up in his shed or already left for his parents house of a mates house by the time DS and I woke at 7 or so.
    One afternoon we went to his parents house after work and i was buggered from DS waking 3-4times at night so i handed him a spoon and said 'can you feed DS for me?' he snapped 'I've been at F**cking work all day' and went and sat in front of the tv!!

hence why he is now my EX!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Have a great first day back!!! I think you definitely deserved a full sleep last night so I'd be putting dibs on getting it tonight after your first day back. He might need to be reminded that you feel like you need a bit of support, it's a big deal going back to work!
    How long has it been since you've worked? I'm interested in hearing about how it went as returning to work is something that had been on my mind lately...
    Thanks! I've been off since late June last year so about 9 months.

My first day was pretty good - lots of meetings to catch up and even had to interview someone for a role in my team even though I've barely got my head around the new structure! I felt very welcome and very missed so it was nice.

Unfortunately I got a call from day care, DD has broken out in a rash with blisters on her face and hands. So I'm on my way home and DH has gone to get her since he's closer.

Going back to work is a big decision. We needed to financially, and it will be good for me mentally, but it's awful when bub gets sick!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennos Mummy View Post
    This was back when i was with DS's father and no, nothing special was done. I didnt really want anything though. He would leave for work even before we woke up.

What ****ed me off though is that if DS would stir when he was already up getting ready for work he wouldnt go and get a bottle or get a dummy for him, he'd still expect me to get up. One day he came in, woke me up and said 'cant you hear ben crying, get off your lazy *** and get him a bottle!!'
    I would sometimes love maybe a sleep in on the weeknds but nope, He'd be up in his shed or already left for his parents house of a mates house by the time DS and I woke at 7 or so.
    One afternoon we went to his parents house after work and i was buggered from DS waking 3-4times at night so i handed him a spoon and said 'can you feed DS for me?' he snapped 'I've been at F**cking work all day' and went and sat in front of the tv!!

hence why he is now my EX!!
    What a jerk!!! Glad he's your ex!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    Thanks! I've been off since late June last year so about 9 months.

My first day was pretty good - lots of meetings to catch up and even had to interview someone for a role in my team even though I've barely got my head around the new structure! I felt very welcome and very missed so it was nice.

Unfortunately I got a call from day care, DD has broken out in a rash with blisters on her face and hands. So I'm on my way home and DH has gone to get her since he's closer.

Going back to work is a big decision. We needed to financially, and it will be good for me mentally, but it's awful when bub gets sick!!
    Sorry your DD is sick! Hope she is ok! It sounds like your first day back went really well and you're really valued there. I can imagine there is a lot to catch up on but like its a very supportive environment. Ill be thinking about heading back towards the end of the year im thinking.