+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    That is so utterly ridiculous I don't even know what to respond with, so I better just say nothing .. you're entitled to your opinion even if it is the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard anyone say
    Yes, it is ridiculous when people denounce someone's sexuality as not existing, isn't it. Perhaps you don't see the irony?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Benji  (26-03-2012),FiveInTheBed  (26-03-2012),Gandalf  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Jakios - ofcourse I don't think that way. How ridiculous does it sound!?

Firsttime mummy,

Bisexuality 'exists' - it is REAL, you can touch it, see it, feel it, hear it.
    Comparing it to a belief in a god (something that is intangible) is absurd...and again detracts from the conversation at hand.

If you don't have innate bisexual desires, then you don't. Simple.

I think using the term 'exists' or that you don't 'believe' in "it" - has added confusion.
    Last edited by FiveInTheBed; 26-03-2012 at 11:06.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

Lulu56  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seriously what the heck is wrong with you?!?! I wasn't telling anyone how it is. I was telling it how it is for ME!! Get it through your heads people!! it is purely my reality. I was asked for an opinion and there you have it. MY opinion. If you don't agree with it then move on. None of my comments have been arrogant so don't you dare start with the name calling. I am not arrogant. I am someone with an opinion. Full stop!
    But you're not bisexual or gay? So how would you know what it means 'for you'.

ETA. I was making a general statement, and at no time directed it at you. I've been on the Hub a long time now, and I don't resort to petty name calling, so I would appreciate it if you calmed down.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Again, different DOES NOT = wrong!
    Well, that's not always true. You could believe the sky was green, for example. Or that dogs were felines. Or that bisexuality didn't exist.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GothChick View Post
    To me, that is just as bad as saying you 'don't believe in homosexuality'.
    I find it offensive.

Your opinion shouldn't matter to me, but it does, because it's people like you, with beliefs like yours that create discrimination.
    I'm sorry that my opinion has hurt you, I truly am. It was never my intention to hurt anyone but it is a free country and I am allowed to have a different opinion to yours.

And FYI I don't disriminate in the least. I have friends of all genders of all sexual orientations and no one is less than or better than anyone else. The day I have a child and if she or he one day comes to me to say that they are gay or bisexual then there is no way I could possibly love them any less. It will make no difference to how I feel about them. So yeah .. doesn't seem to me that I disriminate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The earth is flat lambjam, ok!!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    FirstTimeMummy - you're saying it's ridiculous to assert no one is really straight while in the same breath saying there's no such thing as bisexuality?

Oi.

I don't understand why people are allowed to have opinions that are openly homophobic (not referring to anyone in particular here) when IMO it's the same as being racist or sexist? That's not on, but when it comes to homophobia, *I* get told to ease up, it's just an opinion?

I can't come here and say being black is a choice, or being a Jew is a choice, or being a female is a choice (and nor should I be able to) without expecting some defensive comments in response, can I?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

delirium  (26-03-2012),Gandalf  (26-03-2012),Lulu56  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserama View Post
    Gosh ease up folks! She's entitled to an opinion. If you don't agree then just say that you don't agree and why you don't agree. I don't even think she was trying to be mean. She has bi friends and from what she knows of these bi friends and what she's read it has led her to that conclusion that is all. She's not a bad person and she's not bagging anyone out.

Personally I do believe that bisexuality exists for real but I can see how SOME bisexuals could fall into the catagories she's mentioned, but are also some bixexuals that don't.

firstimemummy - Surely your friend who doesn't fit into the catagory and those on this forum who don't can tell you that REAL bisexual still exist though. Have you considered that?
    Thanks Deserama. I appreciate you sticking up for me

I dont get why everyone finds it so hard to understand what I am saying. I don't believe in bisexuality for the reasons I raised. But if you come to me and tell me that you are bisexual for none of those reasons and just because you are then I'd say ok no problem. I wouldn't argue or try to change your opinion, it is what it is. Mine is what it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Well, that's not always true. You could believe the sky was green, for example. Or that dogs were felines. Or that bisexuality didn't exist.
    Not always the case. I've worked with blind children in the past who were born blind and they like to believe whatever they want to believe. Funny you should use the exmaple of the sky because one of these children believed that they sky was in fact purple. That was his reality and there was nothing wrong with that. I didn't believe it but who am I to tell him that he was wrong.

Exactly the same thing here, I am not saying anyone is wrong for what they believe. I am merely saying that it is not what I believe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Thanks Deserama. I appreciate you sticking up for me

I dont get why everyone finds it so hard to understand what I am saying. I don't believe in bisexuality for the reasons I raised. But if you come to me and tell me that you are bisexual for none of those reasons and just because you are then I'd say ok no problem. I wouldn't argue or try to change your opinion, it is what it is. Mine is what it is.
    Hang on!!!

You told 5itb that her theory on heterosexuality not existing is ludicrous, yet you say you won't argue. Seems you'll argue with her theory, but won't accept people's arguments against your theory of bisexuality not existing.

You're telling people that their own sexuality doesn't exist!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (26-03-2012),delirium  (26-03-2012),Gandalf  (26-03-2012)