+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Guest Guest
    Being in a relationship is a choice though. I don't have to be with my husband but I want to and not being in a relationship of your choice is ridiculous. When people say this to another person it's just cruel and stupid really.
    However, sexuality isn't a choice. And I agree with the fluid thing or scale, I personally don't find females attractive enough to be intimate with, a mans body turns me on and that general attraction to their features. Emotionally also I just like boys better, my best friend is male gay, I have female friends too but yeah it's all platonic.
    You're just born this way though, I didn't choose to only be attracted to boys, same way someone can't choose who they're attracted to and you can be on each end of the scale and somewhere in between. Bi sexual just means your attracted to both, it's not being confused your just wired to be attracted to either and it depends who you fall in love with in your lifetime. I have a couple good friends who are bi and have had long term relationships with both boys and girls. They're not confused, they just always liked both.

How else do you explain it? It just is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    How else do you explain it? It just is.
    I could not have said it better myself!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    At the risk of getting slammed I don't believe in being bisexual. You either swing one way or the other IMO. I remember reading an article a while back that said something along the lines of "Bisexuality is an inability to decide". So in other words perhaps they are innocently unaware of their true sexuality because they are confused. Perhaps they are merely experimenting with same sex sexualilty or have not yet decided what they're sexual orientations are. Perhaps they are in the process of coming out as gay and are using bisexual behaviour or identity as a comfortable stepping stone during the transitional period. Or, perhaps they know full well that they are gay but they call themselves bisexuals to escape the painful effects of homophobia, their own as well as other's people.

Re read my post because I did not at any point bag anyone. If anything I said all to the contrary. The fact that you took such offense from something that wasn't even directed at you as I don't even know you is a reflection more so on you than it is on me.
    Oh and P:S ... I didn't say you were confused. I gave 4 possibilites and you on your own chose the confused one ..
    I picked confused because it was the lesser of 4 evils! You don't think people can be bisexual...so what do you think I am? Confused? Just undecided at this moment? Just experimenting? Gay but calling myself bi to 'escape the painful effects of homophobia'? Using being bisexual as a stepping stone to coming out as fully gay??
    Which one would I be then?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GothChick For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (26-03-2012)

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a 0 on that scale. When I was single for a while and sick of men and their crap, I was like damn I wish I liked girls instead. Haha.

Jokes aside though there's nothing wrong with homosexuality. Who cares if you like boys or girls! I don't get why some people have such a problem with it, it has nothing to do with them what others do and it's not hurting anyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GothChick View Post
    Which one would I be then?
    I don't understand why you're getting so defensive. A post was placed basically asking for an opinion and I've given that opinion. I am entitled to have an opinion and express it however I see fit.

As for which would you be that is totally up to you. I can't think with your mind, I can't see with your eyes and I certainly can't feel with your heart so it is you that must make the choice as to which of those you are. If you aren't any of those at all then ignore what I've said and move on.

I have bisexual people in my life I know and some of them agree and say that they do use bisexuality as a stepping stone to coming out or that they simply can't decide due to confusion. There are also a very small minority (as in 1 person I know) that feels none of those options apply.

I'll say it again, I don't belive in bisexuality, but if you do that's fine too. As I said, different does NOT = wrong.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I can't think with your mind, I can't see with your eyes and I certainly can't feel with your heart
    But you would suppose to assert that her sexuality doesn't even exist?

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

Benji  (26-03-2012),Gandalf  (26-03-2012),HouseOfFun  (26-03-2012),Lulu56  (26-03-2012),MilkingMaid  (26-03-2012),WorkingClassMum  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    If they used bisexuality as a stepping stone to coming out, then I would say they weren't bisexual but homosexual and felt it would lessen the blow to 'ease' themselves in as far as other's perceptions so to speak??

I'm not bisexual nor gay so I'm only speculating. All I know is that non hetro people often be someone they are not in order to placate society.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't believe in straight people... That's my opinion - I think they are all really gay and just don't know it yet!
    Ofcourse I'm not saying all you straight people are doing it wrong, or that your life is worth less.
    But yeh --- I just think saying 'I am straight' is a cop out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    To me, that is just as bad as saying you 'don't believe in homosexuality'.
    I find it offensive.

Your opinion shouldn't matter to me, but it does, because it's people like you, with beliefs like yours that create discrimination.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What fascinates me is when heterosexual people tell people of other persuasions how it really is. For example, we have had many gay people say flat out that it was not a choice. Yet straight people then tell them it is. How on earth would a straight person know better than a gay person? And here we have another straight person telling openly bi people that they don't believe in it. How can a straight person possibly know better? They are not gay, so how do they know? It amazes me to no end. It's so arrogant, so demeaning to other peoples experiences. If you are not gay then you do not know, so quit telling others how it 'really is'.
    Last edited by Alexander Beetle; 26-03-2012 at 10:35.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

3InATub  (26-03-2012),Benji  (26-03-2012),HouseOfFun  (26-03-2012),lambjam  (26-03-2012),Lulu56  (26-03-2012)