+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GothChick View Post
    You think I'm 'confused' because I'm bisexual?? Oh dear.

I guess you don't have a clue how it feels to be bisexual so you don't understand it, or have failed to even try.
    Im sick of people bagging bisexuals out as 'confused', or 'greedy', get that one a lot.
    Only you know how you feel, nobody else can tell others how they feel. It's something inside.

And greedy? What...the....?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Lulu56  (26-03-2012)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    You either swing one way or the other IMO. I remember reading an article a while back that said something along the lines of "Bisexuality is an inability to decide".
    I think that's a bit of a strange thing to say. Think of attraction and sexuality in this way... I assume you're a straight female, yes? Does that mean you're attracted to all men? Of course not, you're attracted to certain traits in certain men. Further these traits might not always be the same, you might be attracted to one man's smile, another man's butt, another man's sense of humour. I assume that bisexuality works the same way; you're attracted to certain things, however the issue of gender isn't as important as it might be for someone else. You might be attracted to the smile, butt or sense of humour regardless of whether it's a man or woman who is rocking it.

(Please forgive me if I've completely misunderstood this, I don't mean any offence to any bisexuals among us.)

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (26-03-2012),greeneyes81  (26-03-2012),HouseOfFun  (26-03-2012),Lulu56  (26-03-2012),rainbow road  (26-03-2012)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    FirstTimeMummy2012, you should have a look at the Kinsey Scale.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_scale

I think anyone who is open to falling in love with someone no matter their gender is 'bisexual' in a way. I still believe it's possible I could fall in love with a man, but it's not happened so far. I've slept with men and dated them.

I consider myself a lesbian because I'm in a relationship with a female, and I'd probably date a female if we broke up. But I'd definitely not say there's no chance of me ever falling in love with a man as I believe I'm capable of loving anyone.

I'd say on the Kinsey scale I'd be a 4-5. a 4.5 if there was the option

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

FirstTimeMummy2012  (26-03-2012),Lulu56  (26-03-2012),MuminMind  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    I think that's a bit of a strange thing to say. Think of attraction and sexuality in this way... I assume you're a straight female, yes? Does that mean you're attracted to all men? Of course not, you're attracted to certain traits in certain men. Further these traits might not always be the same, you might be attracted to one man's smile, another man's butt, another man's sense of humour. I assume that bisexuality works the same way; you're attracted to certain things, however the issue of gender isn't as important as it might be for someone else. You might be attracted to the smile, butt or sense of humour regardless of whether it's a man or woman who is rocking it.

(Please forgive me if I've completely misunderstood this, I don't mean any offence to any bisexuals among us.)
    Yes this. One of my closest friends is a lesbian. She has recently been with men as well. She's says she's attracted to them, their personality, something in their looks....not just their gender. It's something she's recently discovered for herself. And the thing is she lost friends over it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I could not agree with this quote more on your link rainbow:

Males do not represent two discrete populations, heterosexual and homosexual. The world is not to be divided into sheep and goats. It is a fundamental of taxonomy that nature rarely deals with discrete categories... The living world is a continuum in each and every one of its aspects.

I'd probably give myself 2 on the Kinsey scale.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

rainbow road  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am a sexual being.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Only you know how you feel, nobody else can tell others how they feel. It's something inside.

And greedy? What...the....?
    Thanks Benji And yeah, soo greedy, confused,want the best of both worlds, promiscuous, can't be monogamous, just bi curious and doing it to titillate hetro men.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GothChick View Post
    You think I'm 'confused' because I'm bisexual?? Oh dear.

I guess you don't have a clue how it feels to be bisexual so you don't understand it, or have failed to even try.
    Im sick of people bagging bisexuals out as 'confused', or 'greedy', get that one a lot.
    Oh I get it, you being bisexual means you want all of the menz and all off the womenz all to yourself!

Hope you are ok.

I am a believer in monogomous relationships myself, but people I know who are bisexual only have a relationship with 1 person, but are not restricted to only males or only females. If that makes sense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I've noticed the idea that sexuality is a choice is usually held by religious people. There's been lots of these sorts of threads over the years and I've posed the question, that if god continues to create people that are gay doesn't that mean clearly he's ok with it? To date no one has ever responded. Here en-lies the reason I believe - religious people must believe it's a choice bc if they accept it's not, then that means god did make them that way and that sends their beliefs and teaching of the church into a spin. How can one disagree with something that god himself created? Therefore they have to contend it's a choice. Bc when it's free will, it can be open to criticism.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (26-03-2012),Gandalf  (26-03-2012),laurea  (26-03-2012),Lulu56  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I'm currently getting my hair straightened by my gay hairdresser ( who is a good family friend) reading these threads out to him - he said why on earth would he "choose" a life of discrimination, being bullied at school, being frowned upon by his church, having his parents told to "fix" him, having some family members say they disapprove of his lifestyle , to not be able to marry his boyfriend of 5 years ( yet!)
    If it were a choice he would choose to be straight as life would be easier
    This makes me sad!! Makes me want to cry hearing that a man would rather choose to be straight because being gay causes so much pain!

I wish that i could tell every gay man or women that amongst all the hate thrown at them i SUPPORT them!! And that they are perfect just the way they are!

Also i know it must be hard for this man that you are talking about, but i hope he knows he is being apart of history, a history that will one day be the reason why all gay teens in the future will happily and safely be open about their sexuality with out any fear!!
    His part in creating that for future gay men and women is important!! And i hope he knows that he has helped others be open because he was brave enough to be open!!

And hopefully that will be soon!!