+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    It has been a very interesting thread. I mentioned asexuality earlier and was surprised that no-one has asked about it. We still seemed confined to three main areas of sexuality; hetero, homo and bi.
    I suppose I view asexuality as a lack of sexuality, rather than a sexual orientation of its own. I gather researchers are divided on this point... What are your feelings on it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It has been a very interesting thread. I mentioned asexuality earlier and was surprised that no-one has asked about it. We still seemed confined to three main areas of sexuality; hetero, homo and bi.
    I guess because I dont really have any questions about it, I know what it is. You dont desire either gender and have no sexual interest.
    At least that is what I thought it was....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I was interested but didn't want to ask as I thought it might be rude as you didn't go into detail.

When you say asexual do you mean you're unsure what sex you are attracted to, or that you have zero interest in sex full stop?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I chose my sexuality no more than I chose who my parents were or what my eye colour is or how many siblings I had. I didn't choose at all.

In fact, I don't even know that I am straight. The might woman might come along and I could find myself falling in love with her. I consider myself straight because I've never fallen in love with a woman, or had romantic/sexual feelings for a woman... but it could happen, for all I know.

I actually, personally believe, that most people are on a sliding scale of bisexuality... where very few are "completely" gay or straight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I would consider myself completely straight lol not bc I'm adverse to the idea of being with a woman, just that I have absolutely no interest in being with one, either sexually or a relationship. Totally a zero on the scale here

6. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (26-03-2012)

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    They kinsey scale mentioned "non-sexual", I'm guessing that's the same as asexual.
    It is there as 'x' almost as an after thought but not actually on the scale itself, in the link provide by Rainbow.

Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    I suppose I view asexuality as a lack of sexuality, rather than a sexual orientation of its own. I gather researchers are divided on this point... What are your feelings on it?
    I identify with asexuality myself. I feel it is probably the least talked about of all the sexualities as it is seen as something abnormal in a way, the lack of sexual feeling and attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I was interested but didn't want to ask as I thought it might be rude as you didn't go into detail.

When you say asexual do you mean you're unsure what sex you are attracted to, or that you have zero interest in sex full stop?
    That's ok, wouldn't have mentioned it if I wasn't happy talking about it. For myself, I have no sexual attraction to either sex. But that doesn't mean I couldn't have a romantic relationship, just one without sex. So asexuals don't quite fit at all.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

Benji  (26-03-2012),Deserama  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didn't choose to be straight, natural instinct for a male to be attracted to a female and vice versa. Its not something I had to stop and think about.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Lambjam, I believe asexuality is an 'orientation' more than a 'lack of orientation'.

But like Ana said, takes many forms. No attraction whatsoever, platonic attraction but not sexual...I read a fantastic article on asexuality in my uni's Queer edition of the magazine.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Ana Gram  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As a teen I identified strongly with Asexuality, I found both males and females atractive but I had no desire or interest to engage in sex til I was 19,

I later (and now) identify as Pansexual, my ability to be atracted physically to someone does not depend on presented gender or physical sex (whats between the legs so to say) but rather just what I find atractive and that ranges from male, female, Androgynous, gender queer, FTM and MTF etc etc although I am mostly atracted to "pretty boys" and "butch girls" or people of indeterminable gender (androgynous people like Davey from AFI)

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GuestMember For This Useful Post:

Ana Gram  (26-03-2012),Gandalf  (26-03-2012),MilkingMaid  (26-03-2012),rainbow road  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Thanks for sharing Nemmi I never knew about Pansexual. Very interesting