Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan A View Post
    Do you even know what the word means?
    Sure do .. you showed me

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't believe we still live in a society where I can't have an opinion without being stoned to death. It's sad

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

CluckySC  (26-03-2012)

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Hoping to answer before the thread is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I'm not straight. Or gay. Sort of in No Man's Land. Lol.
    With you there buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    FirstTimeMummy2012, you should have a look at the Kinsey Scale.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_scale

I think anyone who is open to falling in love with someone no matter their gender is 'bisexual' in a way. I still believe it's possible I could fall in love with a man, but it's not happened so far. I've slept with men and dated them.

I consider myself a lesbian because I'm in a relationship with a female, and I'd probably date a female if we broke up. But I'd definitely not say there's no chance of me ever falling in love with a man as I believe I'm capable of loving anyone.

I'd say on the Kinsey scale I'd be a 4-5. a 4.5 if there was the option
    Well, I am going to have to disagree with the scale as there is one sexuality missing. Asexuality. Which is where I am now on the continuum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Ok... I think we have an issue of definitions here.

When you say you don't believe in what Hitler did, you mean you think it was wrong, yes? But you believe that it happened. Unless I've misunderstood and you actually don't believe the holocaust occurred?

Let's go with the Oxford definition of believe: "accept that something is true, especially without proof".

Do you accept that what history tells us Hitler did is true? Not morally worthy, not justified, just true?

In the same way, do you accept that bisexuality is true?
    I get what you're saying .. yes I can accept that bisexuality is true for others, it's just not my reality so it isn't real for me. Can you understand that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    I don't understand why people are allowed to have opinions that are openly homophobic (not referring to anyone in particular here) when IMO it's the same as being racist or sexist? That's not on, but when it comes to homophobia, *I* get told to ease up, it's just an opinion?
    She wasn't being homophobic, she was talking about bisexuality and how, in her mind, that there are reasons that they could claim to be bisexual and these reasons would mean that they are, in fact, not bi. And I believe she is right for SOME people. But she fails to acknowledge that there would have to be peeps who DON'T fall into those catagories and who are actually bi. She never said anything hateful about gay people or even bisexuals. She wasn't mean or nasty. She was stating an opinion formed from having friends who were bi and from reading. You believe she's wrong. As do I. So lets calmly and respectfully explain how we think she's wrong shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Thanks Deserama. I appreciate you sticking up for me

I dont get why everyone finds it so hard to understand what I am saying. I don't believe in bisexuality for the reasons I raised. But if you come to me and tell me that you are bisexual for none of those reasons and just because you are then I'd say ok no problem. I wouldn't argue or try to change your opinion, it is what it is. Mine is what it is.
    Buuuut I think what people are having a hard time with, is that it's fair enough that you have reasoned these things within yourself but when given another option you're really not acknowledging or considering how this could throw out your 'belief'. I get that you don't have a problem with bi's. I get that you accept all people regardless of who they are. But the issue is that although there are people who fall into the catagories you mention (I have no doubt about it), there are those who don't. Can you consider maybe believing that people really can be bi because they are attracted to certain traits in a human being not related to their sexuality?

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like she's saying she's not bisexual and can't fathom the experiences that are involved in bisexuality, but understands that there are people who do.

Take out the poorly worded thought patterns and instant gut reaction of "that's me as person she's attacking!" and what she's saying isn't offensive. It's just that the way out came off was... Unfortunate. I don't agree that it doesn't exist, to me that's just as silly as not believing in heterosexuals lol.

I think there are as many people who "choose" to be gay as there are that "choose"to be straight. Man hiding behind his wife and family anyone? (i know several men and women that have done that). I know in high school there were a rash of girls who"decided" they were gay, either to make them more attractive to the boys or because they we're discovering themselves. But I think those people are few and far between compared to those that are straight up, flat out gay.
    ETA: or Bi! Lol.
    Last edited by Eko; 26-03-2012 at 11:48.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (26-03-2012)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    I can't believe we still live in a society where I can't have an opinion without being stoned to death. It's sad
    That's right. We live in a society where intolerance of another's race, gender or sexuality is not considered acceptable. Where another's opinions breach these areas, they should expect for them to be addressed.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (26-03-2012),jacobsmamma  (26-03-2012),Me&MrMagoo  (26-03-2012),missybubble  (26-03-2012)

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    FTM2012 -So you mean you 'don't believe in' as you don't agree with bisexuality as a choice for YOU, but you acknowledge that in the world today, bisexuality does exist, especially as it has been observed that certain people will have a relationship with one gender, then go on to have a relationship with another gender.... ????

My head's trying to expolde.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan A View Post
    Explain how ive shown ignorance? For saying that you've told an entire group of people their sexuality doesnt exist? yes totally ignorant. You need to look at yourself.

So by your definition of things I can go around saying Black people are disgusting and shouldnt be allowed in public.. but its ok its just my opinion

You can think I'm ignorant and that's fine. Think away. I know who I am and am completely happy with who I am so think anything you like about me. It doesn't make it right .. just right for you.

Sure you could go around saying that black people are disgusting and shouldn't be allowed in public. That's your opinion. It doesn't make it right. It just makes it your opinion. You could have some very negative reactions but that comes with the territory. You can say whatever you like about whomever you like, doesn't make it right though.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    Sounds like she's saying she's not bisexual and can't fathom the experiences that are involved in bisexuality, but understands that there are people who do.

Take out the poorly worded thought patterns and instant gut reaction of "that's me as person she's attacking!" and what she's saying isn't offensive. It's just that the way out came off was... Unfortunate. I don't agree that it doesn't exist, to me that's just as silly as not believing in heterosexuals lol.

I think there are as many people who "choose" to be gay as there are that "choose"to be straight. Man hiding behind his wife and family anyone? (i know several men and women that have done that). I know in high school there were a rash of girls who"decided" they were gay, either to make them more attractive to the boys or because they we're discovering themselves. But I think those people are few and far between compared to those that are straight up, flat out gay.
    ETA: or Bi! Lol