+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Braxtonsmummy View Post
    Is this like the fairy thing where if you say you don't believe in fairies one dies???
    I hope not!!!
    My light's going out....

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GothChick For This Useful Post:

Lumpy Melon  (26-03-2012),rainbow road  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Right there.
    Where does it say that it doesn't exist?? I'm sorry I seem to not be seeing it .. I can see that I said I don't believe in it but nothing about it not exisiting ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GluttonForPunishment View Post
    Shame on you Rainbow for challenging all us hetrosexuals. It's not like we ever challenge the gay community...

Great thread my friend. Shame it's derailed a bit!
    Sorry, my fault...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Where does it say that it doesn't exist?? I'm sorry I seem to not be seeing it .. I can see that I said I don't believe in it but nothing about it not exisiting ...
    As Judge Judy would say - don't pee on my shoes and tell me it's raining.

You "not believing in it" is the same thing as you saying it "doesn't exist". You said "you swing one way or the other"... that would indicate to me that you believe people are either hetero OR homo, apparantly there is absolutely no grey area in between.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    At the risk of getting slammed I don't believe in being bisexual. You either swing one way or the other IMO. I remember reading an article a while back that said something along the lines of "Bisexuality is an inability to decide". So in other words perhaps they are innocently unaware of their true sexuality because they are confused. Perhaps they are merely experimenting with same sex sexualilty or have not yet decided what they're sexual orientations are. Perhaps they are in the process of coming out as gay and are using bisexual behaviour or identity as a comfortable stepping stone during the transitional period. Or, perhaps they know full well that they are gay but they call themselves bisexuals to escape the painful effects of homophobia, their own as well as other's people.

I have nothing against either orientation. I am completely and totally straight and there has never been any doubt about that. I was always attracted to boys/men and one time in high school I had a girl kiss me and I hated every moment of it. It didn't feel right to me but I can understand how it can feel right for someone else.

I don't believe in bisexuality but I'm not against it in any way. If I met someone randomly on the street or at work or wherever and they shared that they were bisexual it wouldn't change how I feel about them. As for gay couples, I'm not against them either in any shape way or form. It's not wrong, it's just different to what I know. Different does not = wrong.

As for whether it's a choice or not .. I'm not sure. For me it wasn't a choice to be straight. It just was. But I do know of some people who had to choose in the end because they liked both and in the end it did turn out to be a stepping stone for them in their ultimate decision to live as a gay person.

I hope this all makes sense ..
    You may want to re read what you originally posted FirstTimeMummy...and the you might be able to understand WHY people are getting upset and asking you to explain.

What I said about 'not believing in straight people' was (as Delirium so kindly pointed out ..was me being totally facetious...basically your words - but around teh other way ) It IS offensive to hear or read an 'opinion' so blunty thrown about.

Not sure if you are deliberately stirring or not anymore... so am going to leave it at that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To me it doesn't exist no ... but I never said it couldn't exist for her.
    !
    There...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd like to post why I'm straight but it's a bit crude!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GothChick View Post
    My light's going out....

"I do believe in bisexuals, i do, I do"

Anybody else watched too many fairy movies lol!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lumpy Melon For This Useful Post:

GothChick  (26-03-2012),lambjam  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Braxtonsmummy View Post

Anybody else watched too many fairy movies lol!
    Shamefully I had the biggest crush on Jeremy Sumpter after watching this religiously...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to brooke88(mum2b09) For This Useful Post:

Lumpy Melon  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    As Judge Judy would say - don't pee on my shoes and tell me it's raining.

You "not believing in it" is the same thing as you saying it "doesn't exist". You said "you swing one way or the other"... that would indicate to me that you believe people are either hetero OR homo, apparantly there is absolutely no grey area in between.
    You're completely right in what you said. There is not grey area in between for ME. But if there is for someone else then that's fine. There just isn't for me.

Please don't tell me what I think and don't put words in my mouth. Me not believing in it is not the same as it not existing for me. I don't believe in bisexuality but I am aware that it exists for other. I don't believe in the devil but I am aware that for some people it exists. I don't believe in what Hitler did but it does exist. Can you see what I'm saying? If you can't then that's cool, let's just leave it at that though. I'm getting a little tired of being attacked for having an opinion.