Hi everyone...

Here we are, all excited at the prospect of hopefully finding a wonderful donor and being able to finally have a child, after all the trials and tribulations of facing up to infertility.

We are married and both come from stable, close families with lots of nieces and nephews. We are in our early 40's. We have all the makings for a secure and loving family (except the children!!) - we are both professionals, we have a home, we are both very healthy and happy people and we would (without sounding too conceited!) make good parents.

I can see from friends and family that when you become a parent, you tend to adopt some of your own parents' attitude to bringing up children. Both of us have wonderful parents (although sadly my husband's father died young) who we are close to. It would be no bad thing at all if we turned out to be parents like them!

Even though we're both working, we would both be happy to let the career take a back seat for bringing up children. We would certainly sacrifice some income for the sake of spending lots of time with our children.

I am a volunteer with a charity organisation who represents people with a particular disability. I've been doing it for 3+ years now - its my way of "giving back" to society. It is a wonderful organisation and it tends to focus on children with this disability and their families. Having put a bit of time into this organisation helping other families, it would be nice to have a family of my own!

In our case, my menopause started in my 30's and my (ex) doctor kept telling me it wasn't menopause. By the time I found out that it really was, it was pretty much too late. We tried IVF anyway but after multiple cycles without a single follicle, it is clear that we can only have children with the help of a donor.

We live in Melbourne but we'd be more than happy with an egg donor from any state - need eggs; will travel!

We really hope and hope and hope some more for a wonderful person who can help us have children.

If you are thinking of becoming an egg donor, and want to chat about it, even that would be wonderful for us. Promise not to pressure you at all. This is a new experience for us too! We're so excited about it!!!

Here is the ad approved by the Minister:

We are a married couple who are unable to conceive a child due to abnormally early menopause. This was originally misdiagnosed, and it is now too late for us to harvest our own eggs. (We nevertheless tried IVF but it has been repeatedly unsuccessful.) Our only option to have a child is to find an egg donor. We would very much like to have children, and to put the pain of infertility behind us. We are looking for a woman who is under 36 and has finished having children. Medical and associated expenses will be reimbursed. If you are genuinely interested in helping us, please email us on jnajna4345@yahoo.com.au . We would be forever grateful. This advertisement has been approved by the Victorian Minister for Health, as required by s40 of the Human Tissue Act 1982 (Vic) (January 2012)

Hoping to hear from someone out there with eggs, soon!

jnajna4345@yahoo.com.au