+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ive seen the movie and it's ok but not nearly as engrossing as the book. Lenny Kravitz is the best thing! She is a pretty good Katniss though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It was okay, nothing to write home about though. But I haven't read the books and I think all the hype and the 'omg it's amazing!' reviews kinda ruined it for me. I'd like to read the books though. They're always better than movies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really, really want to see it! The only prob is that it freaks me out a bit knowing they're children/young kids!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The hype got me all excited and was really keen on seeing it for a night out but DH downloaded it so we watched it at home and I ended up falling asleep to it. My bad. Guess it just wasnt my type of movie

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I adore the books so I'm very excited to see it. I'm just hoping I won't be disappointed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What are the books about? Everybody is going on and on about how great they are from what I can tell its just about young children going to war? To fight of some sort?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's set in the future in north America, now called panem. There were 13 districts ruled by the Capitol. The Capitol are terrible so the districts rebelled so the Capitol completely annihilated district 13 to bring all the districts back in line. And to continue to show their strength and rule over the district, every year they have the hunger games where a boy and girl are chosen from each remaining district and are put into an area and have to fight to the death. The games are televised in all the districts and the Capitol make it out to be a great sporting event. Sounds terrible but the books are great. Hope I'm not too disappointed in the movie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I thought the movie was great so I ordered the books from the book depository. After seeing the movie I cant wait to read the books

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KnockKnockPenny View Post
    Oh and I saw maybe 5 year old being taken to see it....I'm really hoping they didn't have nightmares....some places are a little too graphic :-/
    Wow really?! That's totally not child appropriate!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought it was pretty good! Very slow storyline in some parts. I haven't read the books but I will now as I know books are always better