+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd was probably 15 hrs old.
    She was Constantly comfort sucking.
    I had her latched on for 2 hrs of and on, and after VERY sore nipples decided enough was enough.
    The nurses and midwives did their usual 'did you know this, do you know that' but honestly, I felt I knew my bub best. And as soon as I popped the dummy in, she seemed so much more content.

Thanks
    Reviews
    About a week only because DS was always looking for something to suck on....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If I could turn back time I would have introduced the dummy as soon as DS' sleep regressed at about 6 weeks. I don't think feeding to sleep is bad at all (I still feed him to sleep at 11 months) but because he fed to sleep, my supply went through the roof and caused him to cry and choke at every let down

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS was 5 days old. And we went on BFing for 11 months... so I don't think dummies affect it.
    Good luck with you bubba!

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you say 4 days? Is your milk even properly in yet? I dare say that is why she is latched constantly as she is trying to establish your milk supply. Both my bubbbas were permantly attached to my boob about 12 hours straight prior to my full milk coming in. If you want to breastfeed I wouldn't introduce one now as it is natures way of matching yor supply to your babies needs. It will settle down in a few days. At about 2 weeks if you still want to introduce a dummy do it then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took dummies to hospital with me and offered them when my DD wouldn't settle but she wasvnever really interested thank god!!! Will do the same this time around too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With DD1 at about 7 days old as my nipples were hanging by a by thread. BF for 12months, had trouble getting rid of dummy so threw it out at 2yrs.
    DD2 was 3w early so just slept and fed really well no nipple issues. Now at 4w old she comfort sucks, would love to give a dummy but she wont take it, have tried various shapes

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pretty much soon after she was born...I think it was when we brought her home, so about 2-3 days. She's 9mths now and I only give it to her when she's in bed and once she turns 1, I'll be taking it off her more often at bed times