+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    TimTamsandTea is offline ...if only all relationships were so perfectly sweet!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think I'm like many of you.
    I have a strong desire to help. I plan to offer that help when and where I can. I recognise that that help may be limited given my age or need to work myself. I don't want to be taken advantage of and I certainly don't desire to spend so much time with my grandchildren that I feel like I'm their primary carer instead of enjoying them, like grandparents should.
    I have an incredible family and support is neverending. I stay at home though, so I've not had to use my support to its full capacity.
    No one has come out and said they have no desire to help out, so I'm assuming this is a fairly rare (or taboo and therefore unspoken) opinion?
    While we won't assume our children will go on to have children of their own, I hope those that do want lots of chubby grandbabies to love and spoil get their wish!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In all honesty I could not think of anything I would want to do less when I'm 70 than look after my grandkids day after day like some grandparents do. I would maybe have them 1 day a week happily but I would not become a 'daycare' grandma and have them more often than that so that their mother could work. Stuff that - I will have raised my kids and be ready for some 'me' time.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Witchypoo For This Useful Post:

Areca  (27-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    im hoping ill be the cool grandmama who spoils the crap out of them, i would have done the raising i doubt i would want to do it again, unless there was a situation where i really really had to.