+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Haven't read back. To answer the OP, I plan to raise my child in a way where she becomes a capable adult who won't need help as such, but I will always be there to give advice, support, and to help her have a break or look after them so she can work without the worry of childcare cost. Of course, that depends on if I am still working myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Only if they want me to. I am very fortunate having the supports of my mum and my wonderful sisters...but they also leave me alone when I want to... or when I have different parenting viewpoint or techniques...Honestly I won't get this far without their help..I was hopeless with newborn and suffered pnd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I plan on getting my son to sleep through the night first before I even consider the thought of looking after someone else's baby!

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Haven't read thru the thread but I have never had any support from family to help with raising my kids, its just DH & I. Its so tough at times... I would definitely be there to help my kids raise their kids... as much as i could without interfering of course...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Very.much so if they would like.me too

Sent from my GT-S5830T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My parents live overseas and I wish I had their help almost every day.

I imagine that when my child tells me they're expecting I will go out and do up a nursery in my home, then attempt to abduct my grandchild from hospital as soon as it's born... well... something like that.

DHs mum bedshares with several grandkids/greatgrandkids (they all live together, 4 generations under 1 roof) and DHs family are very communal in how they raise children. I hope my kids will allow this kind of relationship with their kids and us.

If I decide to have more kids in 5 years time then I won't be going back into the workforce properly. So will be able to be super helpful grandma.

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope so I reckon I'll have lots of help when we have this bub as it's the first grandchild for my parents and also the first great grandchild for both sides. So I hope to be able do the same one day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely! My folks help me out as much as they can without interfering and they've taught me so much that no MCH, book or Internet ever could. I'd love to pass this type of help, advice and anything else to my child because I know how lovely it is to have

Thanks
    Reviews
    My parents will babysit our son, eg we are going overseas for a week and they will have him, but my Mum has always made it clear that she would not be 'day care' so that I could return to work.

I agree with her as she has done her job of raising us and it is now her turn to enjoy the freedom that no longer having young children brings. I also do not think that I have a right to ask her to be a day care as we are able to afford this service.

As for my children I do not know how I will feel by then. I will be 60 before this becomes an issue and I can imagine that by this age looking after an infant on a daily basis would not be something I would want to do. I would want to babysit and help out when need be but I would not want to be their carer unless necessary eg if the parents were killed in an accident or unable to look after the child due to illness/drug use etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Of course. It makes me feel so sad that so many people have parents whose attitude is "your an adult now, I'm done parenting you" and are so happy to lose the closeness. My family are a bit intensely close and although at times that causes conflict in itself, because EVERYONE wants to be in your life even when you want space.. Its really a blessing. My parents and in laws have been supporting us through the absolutely best and worst.. They can't always help heaps financially but for example, when we were incredibly broke, my mum helped me organise the bills and added food for us to her grocery bill its those things that really save you. Or through the ups and downs of our relationship, they have always been there to talk to and listen. That's what I hope to do for my kids.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9100 using Tapatalk