+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I would love too....
    I would help in anyway I could.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If DD (or future bubs) have children I'd love to be involved as much as I can! I may be still working (based on the assumption DD doesn't start till she is 25 like me) as I'd be about 50ish. But it would also depend on how much they want me to be involved (hopefully lots!!).
    Once I go back to work in a month DD will be in daycare. Her grandparents still work & are 2.5hrs & 3.5hrs away but get involved when they can. We have orders to call them if we want a day/night off on the weekend or during holidays as both lots would jump at the chance to babysit DD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My parents still work full-time but I still consider them to be a major part of DS' upbringing even though they can't have him over while I work - they play a major role in instilling morals, helping me with advice, nurturing him etc.

I very much doubt I'll retire early enough to be able to watch little ones while my kids work but I'll still do as much as I can when it comes to raising grandchildren.

Actually, I struggle with keeping up with everything now and I'm the MUM so I wouldn't expect that I'd have the capability to do so in my 50s/60s.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I love the village. I definitely would.

I'm delighted that even though my mum works part time and has young kids herself, my MIL has already offered all her help when the time comes. She currently looks after my nephew 2 days a week; he and SIL also live with her.

Although DP and I are lucky enough that we won't need child care as when I return to work it'll be either as a mummy nanny or FDC (so my baby will be with me) and DP works 4 days on, 5 days off, so she can take bub on her days off if she wants.

My nanna practically raised me and I loved growing up with so many 'parents'.

Madame Mayhem is offline Who you are is who you should be, don't change for anyone
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Only if I am asked, I would love nothing more than to help my children out, but only if they want me to help, I don't want to be the meddling mother or anything

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Madame Mayhem For This Useful Post:

jenrose  (27-03-2012)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    This will sound harsh but i have had recent experiences of being taken advantage of so my reply comes from this.

If it was that my sons wife (should he have one) hadto return to work. Then yes i would. If it was so they(son and dil) could still go out and have a good time often? No.
    Everyone once in a while yes, but not frequently... That would annoy me to no end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have much family support due to distance. I am also in a position where I do not need to work, so know I am extremely lucky. Even with this, I still struggle at times...

I would love to help my kids as much as possible taking into consideration my circumstances when the time comes. This would include whilst they worked if needed and some R & R on weekends...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Interesting thread.

So many mums I know seem to expect that their parents and parents-in-law will help with the care of their children. I'm not just talking a day or two a week either (which I actually happen to think is still a massive commitment for someone in the grandparent stage of life).

I'm sure lots and lots of women (and men too for that matter) love to have the time with their grandchildren, but it does seem to be taken for granted a lot too.

I hope with all my heart that I will be in the position to help my kids with their children (both health-wise and finance-wise), but I would hope that my children would respectful of any limitations myself and their Dad might have by then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will absolutely help them in any way I can, whenever they need me to

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I will be there for my kids and grandkids in any way they need me to til the day I die, just like my mum does for me I very much so believe in the village.