+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default C-sect as public patient at KEMH

Hello to all the Perthites out there

I was just wondering if any of you had a csection at King Edward Memorial Hospital as a public patient and whether you would mind sharing yr experience/s with me?

My last csection was planned (due to breech) at SJOG Murdoch as a private patient. It was a great experience. This time around we want to try going public to save money so that my hubby can take heaps of time off work to be with us. I'm not sure whether we will try VBAC or have another planned csection. I guess I'm scared I'll end up just another number at a public hospital and maybe end up with someone who is practicing their surgery skills on me...as you can see I'm probably not in my right mind. Kind of freaking out (cld be the hormones), so any stories wld be greatly appreciated. Good or bad...I'm prepared for the truth

Thx so much ladies xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had my last cesarean at KEMH as a public patient and have nothing but praise for them. I was due to have an elective at Joondalup but after arriving at emergency one night (Joondalup) and finding that my baby was very sick at 32 weeks, I was taken to KEMH. I had a emergency c/section that night and bubba was taken to NICU. I had my own room, the midwives were great, very accommodating to DH and I (he was given a bed, meals etc), and the care was exceptional. This was just last month too, so I doubt anything has changed since.

KEMH isn't a 'pretty' hospital but the level of care and experience is rivalled by none.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thank you so much for sharing your story and experience. I'm so glad it was such a good experience and that yr bubba was well taken care of and also u & hubby taken care of too. I definitely don't mind if hosp is not pretty as long as level of care is great Thx again for sharing!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The food also sucks but what do you expect? DH did many Nando's trips for me over my 5 night stay .

If you have any more questions you could also contact a member on here her name is The Sooper Nanny. She is a midwife at KEMH and is very knowledgeable .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha yes!! I think I'll get hubby to make food trips for me too. Good to know there is a nandos near by
    Thx for info about sooper nanny. I'll try and contact her. Thx again!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hiya, i had my ds at KEMH he was emergency c sec and they were fantastic i have absolutly nothing bad to say about them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there

I had my second by C-section at KEMH as a public patient as I had a few health issues and its probably one of the best places to go - in that they are very experienced in all types of births etc.

The ante-natal appointments had long-ish waits but I had great doctors and generally good midwives (some great - some not so but that can happen anywhere).

I had a single room and thought the food was ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashlee2010 View Post
    Haha yes!! I think I'll get hubby to make food trips for me too. Good to know there is a nandos near by
    Thx for info about sooper nanny. I'll try and contact her. Thx again!!
    Hi there
    I've just seen your post
    When are you due. I work there, had my Dd and will be having a csection for this baby (another little girl)

Ask away
    I personally would not have my baby anywhere else. The care and resources are exceptional and everyone from the entire state is referred there if there is a problem. Yes, the meals are crap, the paint outdated and a few not so savoury individuals dotted around, but I can highly recommend the hospital

Please pm if you'd like to know anything else xx

Bfp!!! Little bug due 25/6/12

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi AshleighMaree and Alm18. That is GREAT that u had good experiences. Very reassuring!!
    Sooper nanny...thx so much for contacting me. I'll send you a pm now. Thx so much ladies!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default C-sect as public patient at KEMH

Great post. I'm planning on a vbac there but have a very high chance of having another c-section. Had my dr's appt there today and left a bit freaked out and wondering if I should just go back to sjog under the care of an obstetrician. This eases my mind somewhat