+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default When your cosleeper started rolling/crawling..

DS2 (4.5 months) has coslept since birth. At the moment I put him into bed (beside a guardrail) if he goes to sleep before me and just keep the baby monitor near him so I can hear if he wakes. That's working well at the moment but I'm unsure when he starts moving more.

DS1 didn't start cosleeping until 7 months, and I used to put him to sleep in the cot then bring him into bed when he woke. That's an option, but wondering what others do?

I'm not keen on putting my mattress on the floor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subscribing because I'll be facing this problem soon too. We have the cot sidecar'd to the bed and I have no idea what to do when he starts rolling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had the rail one side and a v pillow the other and always had the monitor on. I was lucky once DD went to sleep that was it, she was out and didn't move.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I hope for the best!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

jemmajam  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We moved the bed next to the wall and had a guard rail on the other side so no chance of rolling off the sides, when he was about 11 months I actually taught him to get down from the bed, at the end ( crawl backwards ) as I was worried he would wake up and try and get down! Luckily he always called out for me when he woke during a nap or woke us up in the morning !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Think I might just try the pillows on the floor and guardrail too for now. Really can't be bothered putting up the cot if I don't have to!

Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    I hope for the best!
    Lol, that made me chuckle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dd is not co sleeping all night anymore because she just won't lie still. She wiggles around all damn night and I never get any rest so she is now coming into bed in the early morning. She flips around so much and has fallen out of the bed. I find she wiggles herself into the most awkward positions and it worries me a bit. I put pillows around the bed to soften any falls. Other than that and bed rails I don't think there is much you can do!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9100 using Tapatalk

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CluckySC View Post
    Think I might just try the pillows on the floor and guardrail too for now. Really can't be bothered putting up the cot if I don't have to!

Lol, that made me chuckle
    I've put the bed in the corner before and I have put the cot mattress on the floor where bub tends to head to when they wake up (normally towards the door) but I don't have a cot mattress this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The bed's against the wall and the other side had pillows when DS started crawling.. He usually called out for us when he woke and didn't roll too much in his sleep anyway. We did check on him regularly when ge was alone amd when we were in bed it was easy as he was between the wall and me.. He also worked out how to get off the bed safely around 9 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD always did day sleeps and started the night in her cot and we moved her to our bed when she woke. She was tucked next to me (mum in the middle) with heaps of cushions/pillows on the ground if she fell off. she never did. This worked 7-12mths.

once she crossed the 1yo mark she went in the middle but she comes into bed 1 or 2 a week these days.