+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 39 wks baby very quiet

Hi ladies
    I have 4 days until due date.. The past week baby has slowed down but even the last 2 days now baby has slowed even more.. Still does tiny kicks sometimes but just so slow and rare..

Has anyone elses baby done this? Will start counting kicks but just scary cuz baby used to go nuts when i ate sweet or cold things now not really..

Thanks
    Reviews
    There probably isn't much room left for bubs to move around. If your still feeling some movement that's good. Call your midwife or OB for advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's pretty normal for babies to slow down their movements in the last couple of weeks (my daughter did, but my son didn't), but if you are at all worried, please call your obstetrician or midwife and ask for some fetal monitoring to be done. I was concerned about my daughter's movements in Weeks 38 and 39 (first pregnancy) and so I rang my Ob. He got me in for fetal monitoring and all was fine, which put my mind at ease. Please don't get yourself worked up with worry - just call your doctor. You're entitled to do this and it should help to alleviate your concerns. Please let us know how you go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As it's Sunday night, I would have a little practice drive and visit the hospital you're booked in at - just tell the midwife why you're worried. You won't be able to sleep tonight otherwise. It's not worth the risk either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does bubby still have hiccups? That was what my midwife said to feel for as there is less room to move. I agree though- get it checked if you're worried.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies
    I called my ob this morning he said its fine as im still getting movement. See him again in a few days so if it really keeps eating at me i will ho to hospital anyway.. Just scary cuz baby has been a real mover until recently.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub