+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MuminMind View Post
    I love bright red lipstick, it gives that instant look of readiness. But I find read lipstic really hard to wear and maintain. Does anyone have any tips? Would love a matte blueish red lipstick, so product recommendations would be great too!

I’m intrigued, what exactly is a “lip stainer”?
    I use lip stain. It is great (if the kids would stop losing them on me.) My favourite one is by Bloom. I also have some by Revlon but they are much darker. So the pink one I have often looks TOO pink. But they have lipgloss on the other end, which kind of blends them in a bit more (only the kids broke the lipgloss off mine.)

I also wear lipstick but not red so much... more pinkish shades... a bit more subtle than red.

Quote Originally Posted by laurea View Post
    I think having your eyebrows manicured by a beautician can make a word of difference and its inexpensive to do. I also have my eyelashes tinted and permed. Because of this i use minimal makeup Oh and having my hair clean and shiny. I allways buy products that smell really nice wether it's for my skin or hair, if it doesn't smell nice i won't buy it.
    I've always wanted my eyelashes tinted... I wonder if I should just bite the bullet and get it done? How often do you have to do it? How much does it cost?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love lipstains too. My fave gemma cosmetics one was discontinued so it's good to see other brands mentioned in this thread.

I sometimes tint my lashes at home with that 1000 hour stuff.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Joye For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (27-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Fantastic thread OP!!!
    Last week I decided that I wasn't going to allow myself any excuses for feeling like crap anymore.
    I went through my entire wardrobe and threw out anything that I would not wear in public! I had held onto some shocking stuff for 'wearing around the house' but knew that it was ridiculous. I also threw out a lot of stuff that I no longer wear and have about 1/4 of my wardrobe left.
    I now need to go shopping but I am going to reassess the way I shop. Going to have a minimum standard. Eg my bumming around clothes will be comfy jeans and plain singlets. That way I can still dress them up with a chunky necklace/scarf, cardi and nice flats or boots coming into the cooler weather. I will get a few dresses that can be dressed up or down too. And a few nice woolen jumpers.
    I too love to slap on some bright red lippy from time to time. I also like headbands. I have long hair so when I want to look presentable and can't be bothered washing and blow waving my hair, I chuck it in a bun with a headband for an instant lift.
    Otherwise really natural makeup with a tiny bit of colour on the cheeks and lips makes a big difference.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to One of THOSE mums! For This Useful Post:

CakeyLoaf  (28-03-2012),MuminMind  (27-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I always feel better wearing a spf 30+ moisturiser. Unfortunately, I'm prone to pigmentation anyway I think due to hormones as I've been wearing sunscreen on my face for years and years but it makes me feel less guilty when going outside.

Over that I use a tiny bit of foundation on any red/spotty bits, mascara, bit of blush and a spf 30+ lip gloss.

On weekends I wear a bit of eyeliner, but not a horrid black line over my eyes - I do 'tightlining' between the lashes so it's nice and subtle but makes a nice difference.

Unfortunately my hair cannot make up its mind between wavy and straight and is just absolutely awful so I wash and straighten my hair twice a week and that smooths it out.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

laurea  (27-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think we must have similar hair Benji it's sooooo annoying isn't it? I can leave it wavy if i let it air dry but i end up looking like a crazy person cause its too thick and wavy and all over the place. I have to smooth mine out too. I dream of getting that keratin straightening stuff

Chameleon tinting prices vary depending on where you live and different slaons. I an not close to the cbd so everything is cheaper out my way usually. I pay around $18 for lash tinting. It's worth it though you have the colour you want without all that silly clumping that mascara gives you plus all your lashes are perfectly separated and defined without makeup. And it's allways a bonus when you can rub your eyes and not look like a panda afterwards

Lash perming is more expensive but if you can afford it, it makes a huge difference to your eyes. Makes them look bigger too.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to laurea For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Before kids i would never leave the house without make up on - now I never put it on. One beauty regime I can't forfeit is painting my toe nails. If they are chipped or unsightly I feel so horrid so always make the time for my toes to be done!

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm loving all the your input, ladies! (And GFP!!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Areca View Post
    For me it's a shower/personal hygeine (brush teeth, deodrant etc.) and getting dressed. I HATE pyjama days. I even hate it when my kids want to wear pyjamas. Pyjamas all day are for when you're sick. I don't care if I'm not going anywhere, being ready to walk out the door in a moments notice is what makes me feel good...I am prepared to walk out the door in some pretty casual clothes too.
    It was actually really great to read your post, because you brought attention to something I fail miserable at! I have plenty of "nice" clothes, but always find it too hot and uncomfortable to dress up, (the humidity in QLD is killing me!) and I spend so much time at home that I end up walking around all day in "pyjama shorts", etc. And because of this, I always freak out if someone unannounced pop up on my door. This gotta stop!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Just*Ace View Post
    Does anyone have some hints for covering/preventing dark under eye circles? I've tried a million concealers that don't really do the trick.
    Same, I have tried everything, too, with little success. Sometimes it covers the dark shade, but looks caked on and too light!

Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Yep you need a coloured concealer, sounds weird but purple actually dotted under the eyes and then blended with foundation. Colored concealers are great, green for red spots, purple or yellow for dark spots and always blend really well. I used to be a make up artist many moons ago.
    Thanks for providing your expertise. I tried one of those coloured concealers from Lancome, but didn't find it very helpful. Can you suggest any other brands?

Quote Originally Posted by One of THOSE mums! View Post
    Fantastic thread OP!!!
    Last week I decided that I wasn't going to allow myself any excuses for feeling like crap anymore.
    I went through my entire wardrobe and threw out anything that I would not wear in public! I had held onto some shocking stuff for 'wearing around the house' but knew that it was ridiculous. I also threw out a lot of stuff that I no longer wear and have about 1/4 of my wardrobe left.
    I now need to go shopping but I am going to reassess the way I shop. Going to have a minimum standard. Eg my bumming around clothes will be comfy jeans and plain singlets. That way I can still dress them up with a chunky necklace/scarf, cardi and nice flats or boots coming into the cooler weather. I will get a few dresses that can be dressed up or down too. And a few nice woolen jumpers.
    Good on you OneOfTHOSEMums!!! I had a lot of "wearing around the house" stuff that I kept "just in case", but a couple of months ago, I did what you did, and it felt fantastic! Problem now is that I have a closet with quite a few nice staples and clothes for special occasions, but hardly nice for "around the house", which is where I am most of the time. (see above paragraph) Gotta make more of an effort!

Thanks for all the inspiration, peeps! keep it coming!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MuminMind View Post
    I'm loving all the your input, ladies! (And GFP!!!)
    It was actually really great to read your post, because you brought attention to something I fail miserable at! I have plenty of "nice" clothes, but always find it too hot and uncomfortable to dress up, (the humidity in QLD is killing me!) and I spend so much time at home that I end up walking around all day in "pyjama shorts", etc. And because of this, I always freak out if someone unannounced pop up on my door. This gotta stop!!!
    :
    My every day clothes are really casual Shorts and a singlet top, stretchy dresses, jeans in winter etc. You don't have to wear uncomfortable clothes to feel good about yourself. Just have house clothes that you feel good in

Thanks
    Reviews
    One of those mums.... I am in the process of doing that too!!
    I realised I have alot of clothes, but not alot of nice clothes to wear out! So I went through my cupboard and stayed strong and got out anything that didn't fit, was faded, or old... 3 garbage bags later I finished lol... Vinnies is going to love me
    So I'm now in the process of shopping for new things and have also taken a different outlook as to how I shop for clothes... I try on things I wouldn't normally look at and things that I wouldn't nessesarily go for... And It's surprising what suits me!!!
    I'm also buying outfits... So instead of buying 5 tops. I buy 2 tops that I can wear with jeans, and a necklace and bracelet that match both... I get 2 new outfits that way

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by One of THOSE mums! View Post
    I now need to go shopping but I am going to reassess the way I shop. Going to have a minimum standard. Eg my bumming around clothes will be comfy jeans and plain singlets. That way I can still dress them up with a chunky necklace/scarf, cardi and nice flats or boots coming into the cooler weather. I will get a few dresses that can be dressed up or down too. And a few nice woolen jumpers. .
    Quote Originally Posted by misspumpkin View Post
    One of those mums.... I am in the process of doing that too!!
    I realised I have alot of clothes, but not alot of nice clothes to wear out! So I went through my cupboard and stayed strong and got out anything that didn't fit, was faded, or old... 3 garbage bags later I finished lol... Vinnies is going to love me
    So I'm now in the process of shopping for new things and have also taken a different outlook as to how I shop for clothes... I try on things I wouldn't normally look at and things that I wouldn't nessesarily go for... And It's surprising what suits me!!!
    I'm also buying outfits... So instead of buying 5 tops. I buy 2 tops that I can wear with jeans, and a necklace and bracelet that match both... I get 2 new outfits that way
    Ok ladies, you have just inspired me to do a "spring clean" of my wardrobe...again! This time I will show no mercy!

And when I'm done, I will follow the tips in this thread and get some new rags:
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...lp*&highlight=

And get some new make-up essentials!

The hot mama shall be released! Grrrrr. *sexy growl*

Last edited by MuminMind; 28-03-2012 at 09:40.