+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you so much for all the great input, ladies! Now the next step is to apply all the tips and become a hottie!

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut2011 View Post
    OP, I think it was a thread you started (or participated in) earlier today that I posted in, and as you can see I pretty much look like cr@p on days when I'm not going out! So I'm subscribing to this thread to get some tips & ideas :-)
    Sure was, Peanut! I read your post and it really resonated with me. So thanks for being my “muse” for my thread!

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Wearing shoes around the home and dressing in something a bit nicer than trackies.
    … You feel so much nicer when you wear shoes and a nice dress... so long as they're comfy of course!
    Shoes inside; I’ve never even considered that! I am usually just stuck at home with the kids, wanting to be comfortable, but I can see how wearing cute shoes would give you that confident strut! Silly question: are these the same shoes as you wear outside, or are they a fancy upgrade of the slipper?

Sexy knickers help too. They don't have to be so sexy they're uncomfortable, but if you get a nice pair, particularly a matching pair with a bra, and you'll feel instantly nicer. I do anyway.
    This is such a good point. I find it really heard to feel genuinely sexy these days, and I know that has a lot to do with my daggys. Again, it’s like Mr. Comfort arrived and took away my dignity and pride.

Can anyone recommend knickers which are affordable as well as comfortable? (seems to be the “buzz word”) The ones I have gotta go, pronto!
    Tinted moisturiser is nice to cover up any pigmentation without being overdone. I like the new Garnier one... it smells kinda nice too.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingToPop View Post
    I like the new garnier tinted moisturiser too. I got it as a freebie, but I find it's nice and light and gives a good coverage, which is good for me, as I don't like wearing makeup.
    Oooo lala. I don’t really like applying much to my skin (due to living in a really hot and humid area) but it sounds like this Garnier tinted moisturiser is worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    A pretty dress and some red lippy. Failproof. And stupidly easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lock and Lu View Post
    I agree with FearlessLeader, a swipe of red lippy makes my day suddenly brighter.
    I love bright red lipstick, it gives that instant look of readiness. But I find read lipstic really hard to wear and maintain. Does anyone have any tips? Would love a matte blueish red lipstick, so product recommendations would be great too!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellymoe View Post
    Bodyshop lip stainer (looks lovely and I don't have to worry about it ending up on my teeth later in the day!)
    I’m intrigued, what exactly is a “lip stainer”?

Keep the tips & tricks coming, laydeez!
    Last edited by MuminMind; 26-03-2012 at 00:45.

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I find a nice eyebrow wax makes me feel pretty.
    Last edited by GluttonForPunishment; 26-03-2012 at 00:43.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GluttonForPunishment For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (26-03-2012),SassyMummy  (26-03-2012),Shoopuf  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find that wearing sexy matching bra and knickers make me feel good.
    Also I get my eyebrows waxed and eyelashes tinted every 6 weeks. Only costs me $20 for both but looks really good

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ItWasntMe For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    And Lycra GFP ... Lycra makes you look pretty too

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shoopuf For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (26-03-2012),SassyMummy  (26-03-2012)

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    And Lycra GFP ... Lycra makes you look pretty too
    I look amazing in Lycra!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GluttonForPunishment For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (26-03-2012),Shoopuf  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MuminMind View Post
    Can anyone recommend knickers which are affordable as well as comfortable? (seems to be the “buzz word”) The ones I have gotta go, pronto! :
    I wear matching underwear nearly every day - even under my daggy trackies! The better underwear brands here are very expensive I found, so I purchased a whole heap from Victorias Secret (USA) and they are all very comfortable and long wearing.

With the current dollar, they're very affordable and now post to Aust too. I've just got heaps of basic cotton ones but in cute prints. I get comments all the time on my 'fancy' underwear from women at the pools, but they were as cheap as buying from Target!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bodyshop Lip and Cheek Stain. Doesn't look just like lipstick, but gives your lips a nice pink colour. Once you apply it and smudge it in, it stays put for quite a while so you don't have to worry about it travelling to your teeth. I also like a more subtle colour especially for everyday, and it is just the right amount of pink I want. I found a pic online that shows what it looks like on:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-G...U/DSC04955.JPG

It doesn't suit some people but if you went into the store you'd be able to test

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellymoe For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I live in ballet flats of peep-toe flats MIM... so I just wear those inside as well.

No idea about underwear... I need new undies, but I have a decent cup size so can't manage cheap.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just bought some el cheapo sexy knickers from cotton on body.
    DP seems to like them a lot hahah

17. The Following User Says Thank You to sjay For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me personally I always have to brush my teeth, wear makeup (nothing full on, just foundation, blush and mascara). If I look particularly deathly I wear Beauty Flash balm underneath. And perfume and since we're trying to save money ATM I find that chepo Diva accessories or whatever can change and update the outfits I already have and make me feel good.

Products I reccommend and which are fairly low maintenance so work well for time poor and cash poor people (like me!):

Neutrogena foaming cleanser: removes eye makeup too so you don't have to faff around. I use a warm flannel and place it over my face and give it a bit of a scrub after and it makes your skin super soft.

Palmers have a new face cream range which is excellent and under $12. I have used some super expensive creams but this is definitely a standout for results.

Garnier BB cream (tinted moisturiser) that everyone has already mentioned is great too. Really light coverage though but gives you a fairly 'glowy' look.

White eyeliner. So good if you put it on your lower lids when you;re tired, totally makes you look more awake.

Eye Cream: any kind just use it!

Also, wear perfume every day

P.s the biggest thing that helped me feel sexy was getting to the gym/exercising a couple of times a week. It helped me so much and should probably be at the top of my list as opposed to an afterthought. It changed my entire perception of myself.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyLoaf For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (26-03-2012)