+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Moisturizer, a cherry tinted lip gloss, perfume and painted nails make me feel prettier and happier

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Monster & Boof For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (25-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP, I think it was a thread you started ( or participated in) earlier today that I posted in, and as you can see I pretty much look like cr@p on days when I'm not going out! So I'm subscribing to this thread to get some tips & ideas :-)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MoonMoon For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (25-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing. I've lost my sense of self lately and I need it back.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluest Blue Box For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (25-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When I'm at home, I don't do anything. I make sure I have a shower so I feel refreshed. When I go out, I like to put on makeup and wear something nice. Even if it's a pair of jeans and a top. Anything but track pants or tights. I wear makeup practically everywhere I go.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (25-03-2012)

Guest Guest
    I do my eyebrows, shave/wax, I use Aldiss cleanser and oil of Olay moisturiser spf 30, I straighten my hair and try to get regular haircuts/colour, I use make up just mascara shadow blush and lipgloss and I wear jeans and a top.
    I don't do all this in a day, but these are my pick me ups, I do my hair and waxing at night when the kids are in bed, and I make sure I shower in the morning and get dressed and put make up on (my hair will be done from the night before)
    Lots of people say they can't shower with kids, but I just let them play in the bathroom and close my bedroom door so they can't go anywhere, there's nothing bad in there they can get to.

But I totally understand what you're feeling and I have more of those days than not. It does take some effort, but that shower in the morning is vital I think.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (25-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Sexy knickers help too. They don't have to be so sexy they're uncomfortable, but if you get a nice pair, particularly a matching pair with a bra, and you'll feel instantly nicer. I do anyway.

Also maybe get a nail buffer... one that will buff and shine your nails. I always feel prettier when they're naturally shiny, and it's something you can just do while sitting down watching TV or something of a night. They look healthy without the need for polish.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (25-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My baby is due in 2 months. I don't think my current routine could get much lazier so I will probably keep it up

Olay 30+ moisturiser to maintain my vampire complexion
    Revlon colorstay mineral foundation (often applied in the car while parked at traffic lights. Very easy to brush on quickly)
    Bodyshop lip stainer (looks lovely and I don't have to worry about it ending up on my teeth later in the day!)

I don't use any eye make-up, concealer or blush. As soon as I go through this routine I feel so much better about my appearance, it looks pretty natural but nice

I have curly/wavy hair which I have layered, and I don't usually do anything to it except scrunch it a bit after washing it to bring out the curl, and let it dry naturally. I use no product on it apart from shampoo and conditioner. I own a hairdryer but last time I used it was to quickly dry a piece of clothing

I used to go for a short jog (about 2km) every couple of days, but at the moment I can't so I walk at night with DH

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Great idea for a thread MumInMind! I totally know how you feel! I'm replying more to get ideas than to contribute

My regime is pretty minimal. Shower and brush teeth, straighten hair, apply minimal makeup... i live in jeans and tops...

One thing i have found tho is its important to me to keep my hair well cut & coloured. Without that I really feel drab and miserable. And since I started doing it, I have had lots of compliments from friends, especially when i bump into someone i haven't seen since before i started doing this.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (25-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing.. felt like that for ages.

Shower & get dressed in the morning, as early as possible.
    Brush hair - even if I only put it into a ponytail, I feel better for having taken 2mins to brush it out rather than just tie it up & hope for the best...
    Bit of body butter/moisturiser & a dab of perfume.

If I'm going out I'll put on a little make-up (all from the Body Shop).
    Mineral based liquid foundation.
    Whisk of blush across my cheekbones.
    Eyeliner smudged around my eyes.
    Lipgloss.
    If I have time, then a bit of mascara & eyeshadow too.

I did my nails after putting DD to bed the other night, just a trim, file & a light polish felt awesome!

And I agree with SassyMummy - nice/sexy underwear is great, even if you aren't dressed up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I make sure I shower early rather than sitting in my PJ's all morning.

On the days I'm not going anywhere, I find the fastest thing that helps is applying mascara and a bit of MAC bronzer to my cheeks/forehead/chin/nose - the areas the sun touches naturally. It gives my face an instant 'pick-me-up' in 20secs.

Interestingly it also helps me feel better if the house is tidy...weird I know, but I don't feel good in general if there is mess or dirty floors around me

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (25-03-2012)