+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Just came off the pill and TTC. Can I get pregnant straight away?

Hi guys. I'm new here and this is my first post. I've been lurking for a little while wistfully waiting till we actively start trying and here we are.

I took my last pill on the 9th of March (at the end of the pack) and my last "pill" period started on the 13th of March. We have so far actively "tried" for a baby on the 19th, 20th, 21st and then took a break for two days, then tried again last night and will in the next few days. I know it's unlikely that it would happen straight after stopping the pill but we're too excited to wait. In the past when I've stopped the pill or missed a few days I'd always get my period within a few days, so this time I'm thinking I've maybe not ovulated. Or perhaps should I dare to imagine we might have been lucky on our first go?

I'm also finding myself looking for any extremely early symptoms straight away and have a feeling I'll be doing this every month from now on. So ladies, I would love to read about your after pill conception stories, did it happen straight away, did it happen a few months later? Is there anyone who got pregnant straight away?

I'm just so excited. Is it normal to be so impatient? Are we doing it right?

Appreciate any replies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got pregnant pretty much straight away. I think I finished the pill mid/late May and conceived on June 10

Thanks
    Reviews
    I finished the pill in December, had my withdrawal bleed now on my 3rd cycle of TTC. I have a hormone imbalance and a short LP which is directly related to the pill. My first cycle was 41 days long then 33 and still waiting this cycle to see what happens. The first cycle I didnt ovulate until CD28 but the last two cycles have been around CD22-23. Some women fall straight back into a normal cycle and are UTD straight away some take a bit longer and some don't get their regular cycle back for ages. Fingers crossed yours falls back in straight away good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With both my babies, I got pregnant on my third cycle after going off the pill. I had been on it for about 10 years before I conceived my first.

I expected it to take ages, so was pleasantly surprised when it only took 3/4 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys, any advice would also be great. We are so new to this we have no idea if we are doing it right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My GP mentioned that it's sometimes easier to fall preg first cycle off the pill because your body is still working off residual hormones and will be in a more 'normal' cycle. I am not sure how true this is, but I had 3-4 'normal' 28day-ish cycles straight off the pill before they went haywire an I was diagnosed with PCOS.

Goodluck, and welcome

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took my last pill 8 March last year, fell pregnant in June and just had my baby early 21 February this year. Be prepared for your cycles to be a bit off, I had a 50 day cycle before we fell pregnant.
    I know how excited you must be, good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Short answer, yes. Slightly longer answer, it can take up to three months for your body to cycle on it's own, so don't get down if it doesn't happen right away. Also, it doesn't matter if you took the pill for one year or ten years either, research has shown this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BBJunior View Post
    Thanks guys, any advice would also be great. We are so new to this we have no idea if we are doing it right.
    This made me giggle. Pretty much if you BD (baby dance) as often as you can..every 2nd day is best..then you cant go wrong hun! Welcome to TTC! You will more than likely drive yourself batty with symptom spotting and can probably expect to join the masses of POAS (pee on a stick) addicts that fill these forums

I had my first normal length cycle last cycle after going off the pill 9 months ago and having long cycles up to 62 days!..so it can take your body a while to get into a pattern..My advice is to not stress if it doesnt happen straight away and enjoy being with your DP as often as you want. TTC is exciting but it can become taxing on you physically and emotionally as well so just have fun!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey I am 14 weeks pregnant. I got pregnant straight away coming off the pill. Definately possible. Good luck ttc