+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Salad

When you chuck together a salad to go with dinner, what goes in it? I always just have lettuce, tomato, cucumber. Sometimes spring onion. Sometimes capsicum. Sometimes olives. And that's it. With olive oil and balsamic.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Lettuce, tomato, cucumber, celery, red onion, snow peas, cheese.
    Sometimes we will add kidney beans, spring onion and crushed corn chips and dress it with sour cream.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Mine is really lazy.

Some sort of leaf (so lettuce, rocket, baby spinach, a bunch of different stuff, etc)... avocado... grated carrot... tomato... some sort of cheese... mushrooms... maybe some cucumber (I personally hate it so don't eat it), maybe some olives.

My family whinges about dressing.

I don't do fancy salads, because my family are too picky. I do enjoy buying a nice salad though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lettuce, tomato, cucumber, carrot, onion and cheese with a slice of lemon for dressing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine always turn out a bit differently depending on what we have in the fridge.

But a couple of my favs are:
    Rocket, shaved parmesan, finely sliced ripe pear, green beans, red onion

Baby spinach, roast pumpkin, snow peas & semi sundried tomato.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Cos Lettuce
    Tomatoes (cherry/grape or normal)
    Continental cucumber
    Celery
    Carrots
    Avocado
    Cheese
    Tinned can't-beet-a-root (on the side)

If I have them alfalfa sprouts or those mixed grain/seed sprouts..

Thanks
    Reviews
    My new fav at the moment is beetroot salad , DH is sick of it but DS and I love it! Raw baby beetroot, carrot, apple , celery and coriander chopped into small cubes with goats cheese and white balsamic vinegar and olive oil!
    Or we do Greek salad - lettuce, cherry tomato, cucumber, olives, red onion Persian fetta with lemon juice, red wine vinegar and olive oil

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

smootch  (25-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    My new fav at the moment is beetroot salad , DH is sick of it but DS and I love it! Raw baby beetroot, carrot, apple , celery and coriander chopped into small cubes with goats cheese and white balsamic vinegar and olive oil!
    Or we do Greek salad - lettuce, cherry tomato, cucumber, olives, red onion Persian fetta with lemon juice, red wine vinegar and olive oil
    Omg yummo, Im using these this week, I love beetroot salad I do mine with baby beetroot, red onion, feta cheese and walnuts and baby spinach, the dressing is orange juice, mustard and olive oil.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Usually something like:

Baby spinach
    Sometimes rocket
    Tomato
    Onion
    Capsicum
    Mushrooms
    Grated carrot
    Sometimes grated cheese

With balsamic and olive oil.

Nothing too exciting if it's a side to the main.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I serve most meals with a greek salad, so just mixed lettuce, tomato, red onion, kalamata olives, lebanese cucumber, fetta with balasamic.

Sometimes I do a pasta, ceaser or warm chickpea salad

Ceaser - bacon, garlic, cos, egg, crutons, paremsan and mayo/dijon sauce
    Pasta - spiral pasta, sundried tomato, olives, boccacini, cucumber and basil pesto
    Warm chickpea - red onion, chickpeas, cherry tomato, thyme, olive oil, balsamic, rocket and ricotta

We usually have salad over steamed veg with our dinners, and I often have salad for lunch, usually just a green salad with tinned tune or chicken.