+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    my ob recommended it to me when my iron levels were very low during pregnancy. I had 2 sachets first thing in the morning with no side effects. I used to add it to my orange juice. All other forms of iron made me nauseous and constipated but Spatone didnt have any nasty side effects at all for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i have two sachets in an OJ and dont taste a thing amd get no GI side effects. last pregnancy my iron levels started at low normal and dropped to severely low (no spatone). this pregmancy i took spatone and my levels barely changed. try to take it on an empty stomach, esp avoiding milk.
    i also am enjoying iron melts since last week which are raspberry lolly tablets - they contain the same amt of iron as spatone (5mg elemental iron) and are yummy and u can just carry them in your handbag. BUT they contain aspartane (fake sugar) so depends how strict u are about that in pregnancy. the iron melts also have vit c, folic acid and vit b12 so u want to ensure that they dont clash with ur multivitamin. and i have no idea about how well the iron is absorbed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you had your iron checked? It isn't advisable to take iron supplements unless you know you need to. Too much iron is actually bad for you. Are you taking your pregnancy vitamins? I think they have iron too. You can get a full blood test done at your gp seeing as you're pregnant you need to anyway. See how your levels are. Fatigue could just be caused by the hormones and nothing you take will help that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Yep I swear by it, I just drink it straight (coz I'm hard core and all lol) really really helped me and I never had any bad side effects
    You drink it straight? You are hardcore! That stuff tastes like blood. I've been on it for years because I get sick when I take the heavier iron supplements.

Get your levels checked before you take it though because excess iron can give you liver damage.