+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nsw fathers hospital rights.

Hi, I was wondering if simeone could explain ti me the rights fathers have at the hospital after the birth. Its a really long story but due ti things that happened in the past im not comftorble with my dh leavinv the hospital until I am ready for him too and ive heard they can force them to leave. If this happens I will have to leave also or be heavily sedated to be forced to stay and I dont want that. its caysing me bad anxiety and is making me upset of the upcoming event which should be such a happy time. I am 26w so have a while yet but would like to hear some experiences. My dh is uncomftorble with leaving me knowing what has happened in the past. Thabks fir your hekp and sirry fir my typing errirs my phone sucjs to type on

Sent from my GT-S5670 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi u might want to look into private hospital as partners can stay, in regards to hubby staying I think public hospitals don't agree as u are usually sharing with other women n it may be unfair or uncomfortable for the other women to hav someone's husband there. Good luck tho :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd discuss with your doctor and the hospital. I had my DS in a private hospital and DH wasn't allowed to stay the night on the ward. If you have a valid reason for him to stay and it sounds as though you do I'd take it up with who ever is in charge of the ward before you have the bub. They may be accommodating if thru know your situation up front. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We cant afford private as were both studying at the moment. I am quite worried about the fact I will be sharing a room (some of them have 4 beds in them) and dont want anyone else to feel uncomftorble. But I am frightened because of the issues ive had. I am going to try and talk with someone about it snd tell them if I have to be alone, I would rather go home asap once bub has had needles ect (unless there is something needing for us to stay)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would ask about early discharge

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (25-03-2012),Benji  (25-03-2012),LoveLivesHere  (25-03-2012),SassyMummy  (25-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't be worried, all you need to do is call the hospital you are going to attend and ask to speak to the social worker who looks after the maternity patients and make an appointment.

Go with your DH or your mum or a friend and explain that you have some big and serious fears about being alone (without DH) and about being with strangers. The social worker should be able to make arrangements so you can avoid the extra worries at this vulnerable time. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I went public and my dh didn't have to leave my side not even once we even had our own room and double bed. Think you should look into hospital around you try a low risk birthing centre.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanjs. Im in regional nsw. The closest birthing centre ive heard of is one for aborigional women about 3 hours away. Im hoping the person I speak to can help and give me advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it would really depend on the hospital and the number of babies being born at the same time. My hospital told me my DP will most likely be able to stay the first night but it will depend from then on as to how many peope are in the ward. So, if yours is the same, I'm sure they will make allowances considering your circumstances. Like the others have said, scope them out early and speak to them about your situation. Don't be afraid to stand up for your needs. I should think you will be fine xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have a homebirth