+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    shell'80 is offline <3<3TTC our first little cherub<3<3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default CBFM (clearblue fertility monitor)

I've just ordered my cbfm last week and waiting for it to arrive.
    Has anyone used it? What are your experiences? Did it work for you, and how long did it take??
    I've been doing 'alot' of research on it and was wondering do you dtd every second day once you get a high, then every day you have a peak?? How many days normally do highs last and peaks??

Any info would be great!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shell'80 View Post
    I've just ordered my cbfm last week and waiting for it to arrive.
    Has anyone used it? What are your experiences? Did it work for you, and how long did it take??
    I've been doing 'alot' of research on it and was wondering do you dtd every second day once you get a high, then every day you have a peak?? How many days normally do highs last and peaks??

Any info would be great!!
    Mine is honestly the reason I feel pregnant. We were only trying one month too. But I had a bit of a long and strange cycle, and a lot of cycles I didn't ovulate. So I really needed that extra information.

We DTD every 2nd day from a high reading and then daily for 3 days from a peak. I got my high almost 2 weeks before my peak, but that's not usual - my odd body!!

Can take a few months to get 'used' to your body. I started using mine 2 months before I was actually trying.

I found eBay the best place to buy sticks, usually from England.

Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

I have one of these am in my TWW from my first month using it so can't tell you how it went yet. I got my first high reading on CD8 and managed to get a peak reading on CD23 and I can tell you right now when you see that little egg sign its freaking awesome feeling.........my DH laughed and said he can't wait to see my reaction when I get a BFP if I react like that to a fertiltiy monitor.

Anyways don't be surprised if you don't get a peak first cycle using it some women don't and make sure you read all the instructions particularly when it comes to pressing the M button. I pressed mine at 8am in the morning so the days I had to work at 6am I could do the test at 5am when I got up and the days I wanted to sleep in I had until 11am. You have a six hour window and it has to be done with FMU.

Other than that make sure you have a box of testing sticks ordered to they don't come with the monitor. I used OPK's along side it this month just to test its accuracy and it was spot on! It's super easy to use and I love it fingers crossed I get my BFP this month.

Hope that helps good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing... Im waiting for mine to arrive too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol sashie can't wait to start recording and to see that egg sign ha ha.. Will think of u now . Good luck for this month heaps of baby dust ur way!!

Mumma thankyou for letting us know, I know I shouldn't but I'm really hoping this is the answer I've been looking for. I've been ttc for over 12 months now. You have given me hope how far along are you??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shell'80 View Post
    Lol sashie can't wait to start recording and to see that egg sign ha ha.. Will think of u now . Good luck for this month heaps of baby dust ur way!!

Mumma thankyou for letting us know, I know I shouldn't but I'm really hoping this is the answer I've been looking for. I've been ttc for over 12 months now. You have given me hope how far along are you??
    I have a gurgling 16 week old baby beside me! Best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used mine for 2 months the first month it used more test sticks I had a high reading for almost a week and then peak for 3 days. The second month I had high for five days and peak for 2 days and one high day after we only DTD every second day. I think this helped us in total we had been trying for 7 months. It is so much easier than trying to figure out OPK's.

I'm now 8 weeks pregnant.

Good luck I hope it works for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mjayneb View Post
    I used mine for 2 months the first month it used more test sticks I had a high reading for almost a week and then peak for 3 days. The second month I had high for five days and peak for 2 days and one high day after we only DTD every second day. I think this helped us in total we had been trying for 7 months. It is so much easier than trying to figure out OPK's.

I'm now 8 weeks pregnant.

Good luck I hope it works for you.
    Congratulations!!
    I got 20 sticks with the cbfm it was a "deal" and I also ordered another 30 they were on sale.
    Previously I have tried opks and find them difficult to read sometimes. I'm hoping this will be clearer.
    I'm currently on cd5 and haven't got the machine yet, so next month will be when I start. I can't wait!!!!
    Thanks for everyone's tips and great news using the cbfm

Thanks
    Reviews
    can you start it once your bleeding stops? seems almost pointless to me to test for those first 5-6 days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by merri berri View Post
    can you start it once your bleeding stops? seems almost pointless to me to test for those first 5-6 days.
    It says to start CD1 however it doesn't ask for you to use a test strip until CD6 you just turn it on in the morning for the first 5 days.