+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Merri Berri. I have been trying to think the same way as you - get on with life but it's hard because just as soon as I do, it all comes back again, am I pregnant this month, when will it happen etc... A friend even said to me, what am I worried about?? I have a wonderful marriage, we both want kids, I am still young, so go and have fun, forget about trying and just let things be. I did this for a few weeks and then the negative thoughts came flooding back because we went on a mini holiday. At the back of my mind I thought that it would happen while we were away because we had fun and relaxed and now I think my period is due and I am starting to beat on myself again!! I need to listen to other people's advice and just relax and let nature takes it course! It's hard though! ;/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello,

Just thought I would add to this having come off Yaz myself about six months ago. Yaz is a pretty full on BC, and I had some pretty freaking awful cycles to start off with coming off it - though they were regular in duration, the first two were painful and all pre-AF/pre-O/post-O symptoms were just amplified so much. My cycles have now calmed down nicely six months down the track and I don't have symptom sensitivity anywhere near as bad.

I think the other benefit of ceasing Yaz early is you will go mad symptom spotting when you start to TTC- throw in all that cycle symptom sensitivity as I stated above and you will do your head in.

Not sure how long you have been taking Yaz but I personally think it is nice to get to know how your body works again. Yaz really screwed with me and I have been enjoying feeling 'normal' for a few months before starting to TTC!

Best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im just the opposite. I cant sau how I will react to coming off it as I just started two months ago but its the only thing that keeps me calm. I have pmdd. So as soon as we have another and im done nursing, ill be right back on it

Sent from my DROIDX using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabella2012 View Post
    Hi everyone. This sounds like the perfect forum to ask advice. My hubby and I have been trying to fall pregnant for almost 6 months now. This will be our 1st child. I must admit I have been stressing about it for a few months now and I know this has probably affected my fertility but I just don't know how to "just relax more" and let it happen when it wants to. See, before I met my husband, children and settling down was far from my mind. When I met him, everything changed for the better. After we got married, it's all I thought about. We both want a family so much but I think I am taking thing way too seriously and can't help but think this has affected us not falling pregnant yet. I no longer want to get depressed every month when it doesn't happen. My question is, do any of you have any advice on how to train my mind into thinking otherwise and simply relaxing about it and having fun?
    For me relaxing was not the key but getting really busy! I fell pregnant both times when I least expected it as I was so busy I hardly even remember finding time to dtd. I think you should live by the motto life's what happens when u make other plans and just get in with making plans. If it doesn't happen in another six months go seek medical assistance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Babiesoneday View Post
    Im just the opposite. I cant sau how I will react to coming off it as I just started two months ago but its the only thing that keeps me calm. I have pmdd. So as soon as we have another and im done nursing, ill be right back on it
    It's an absolute lifesaver for pmdd, that's for sure.

All I can say to anyone taking Yaz is be careful how long you take it for. I took Yaz all up for around two years. The first year was great, then things gradually got worse to really bad. When things were so bad that I thought I was losing my mind, I googled a bunch and found so many other women who were suffering the same adverse reactions as me after a similar time (extreme dizziness, nausea, confusion, bad bad headaches, poor balance etc). Sorry to hijack this thread, just feel obliged to tell people now as nobody told me about this when I went on Yaz.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by merri berri View Post
    i fell immediately after stopping the pill. i have had this happen to 4 other friends too. not sure why, but i had my last pill, then withdrawal period and TTC about 2 weeks later and then 2 weeks later a + pg test.
    This was me coming of Yazmin. But I also think if we'd missed that first cycle it probably wouldn't have happened for ages until my cycle regulated.

It's sooo hard not to concentrate on it, I struggled and we were only ttc for a short time, my heart goes out to those with fertility problems.
    We ended up being so busy, by the time I realized I'd O'ed (was temping) we thought we'd missed that cycle due to bad timing dtd. Keeping your mind busy really does help, but is Easier said than done!
    Good luck to those ttc!! I hope this month is your months!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefully2 View Post
    For me relaxing was not the key but getting really busy! I fell pregnant both times when I least expected it as I was so busy I hardly even remember finding time to dtd. I think you should live by the motto life's what happens when u make other plans and just get in with making plans. If it doesn't happen in another six months go seek medical assistance.
    Totally agree there!! I may just do that, forget all about it altogether! I've read books and advice on what to do to boost yours and his fertility, cut down on caffeine, get in shape, stop smoking, stop drinking, keep em cool, certain positions etc but I see this as putting your life on hold to have a baby. Who knows how long it will take to conceive, so if you do that, you'd begin to get miserable because you are sorta putting your life on hold just to fall pregnant. If you take the relaxed approach, who knows what will happen! As I am typing this I am saying to myself, gee, why don't you listen to this!! I will and I am! I haven't stopped doing any of the above, although I've never smoked and I only drink on special occasions and love a nice coffee from time to time. I am going to live my life the way I know how and know that one day my hubby and I will be blessed with a baby when we least expect it and we will be ready!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dot believe now there is anything normal. I have just as many people falling straight after and just as man like me who are waiting patiently for a normal cycle.
    I stopped the pull in October last year. Had my normal 5 day withdrawal bleed. AF did not arrive untill 29th december. He stuck around for the normal 5 days and she has not visited me since.
    I had wanted to stop the pill in August last year. But I thought 3 months (that's what the pill leaflet said to wait) before ttc. I now wish I stopped earlier as its now looking more like a 2013 baby for us fingers cross.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apologies for the above post spelling and gramma errors. Silly iPhone auto correct