+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Getting pregnant after being on the pill

Did your dr advise you to wait a certain time after stopping borth control before trying to conceive? Just curious... On Yaz now for my PMDD, but will likely ttc next summer.. Curious how far in advance I should stop the pill.

Sent from my DROIDX using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I have found both times coming off the pill it takes about 3 months for my body to "regulate" so I would advise going off the pill a few months prior. Everyone is different though and I know some people who concieved first month off the pill . I wish you all the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I first started IVF the clinic put me on the pill. I believe they still do for some. I guess once you stop it it is ok to fall pg and if you are dtd without contraception then it can happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    i fell immediately after stopping the pill. i have had this happen to 4 other friends too. not sure why, but i had my last pill, then withdrawal period and TTC about 2 weeks later and then 2 weeks later a + pg test.

it can happen, but then i also see on here lots of girls take months for their periods (hence ovulation) to kick in, so who knows how your body is going to react really

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my DS I conceived 6 weeks after stopping the pill as my natural cycle resumed immediately.

This time around I have been off the pill over 3 months and not had AF yet (apart from initial withdrawal bleed of course).

So I would say that you never know how it is going to affect you and come off way before you want to conceive and use barrier methods in the meantime. That is certainly what I will be doing next time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess there's no way to tell when I should. Earlier would seem safer. Im not terribly worried about conception. (ie- ive already got two that took no effort to conceive). More so curious about safety (for me and baby) of getting preg fresh off the pill. I had a miscarriage yrs back. The dr told me that bc I got preg on the pill, my uterine lining was too thin to support it. Always crosses my mind. Seems like it would take several cycles off the pill for the lining to thicken again but what do I know. Im on Yaz. There website says you can get preg any time after stopping but they recommend waiting til u have one natural period. Hmmm guess this is a question for the dr!

Sent from my DROIDX using BubHub

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I got my positive two weeks after stopping the pill

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ive heard that you should wait at least one normal cycle after the pill before starting TTC..I didnt wait though..but it took 5 cycles for my cycle to get back to normal..Still no BFP yet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone. This sounds like the perfect forum to ask advice. My hubby and I have been trying to fall pregnant for almost 6 months now. This will be our 1st child. I must admit I have been stressing about it for a few months now and I know this has probably affected my fertility but I just don't know how to "just relax more" and let it happen when it wants to. See, before I met my husband, children and settling down was far from my mind. When I met him, everything changed for the better. After we got married, it's all I thought about. We both want a family so much but I think I am taking thing way too seriously and can't help but think this has affected us not falling pregnant yet. I no longer want to get depressed every month when it doesn't happen. My question is, do any of you have any advice on how to train my mind into thinking otherwise and simply relaxing about it and having fun?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabella2012 View Post
    My question is, do any of you have any advice on how to train my mind into thinking otherwise and simply relaxing about it and having fun?
    i still havent found anything that works to keep your mind off it!! i think it's like a diet, the more you tell yourself not to think about it, or not to do something, the more you do actually think about it. Allow yourself a certain amount of each day to think about it and give yourself some positive affirmations that it will happen.

I would also recommend seeing a naturopath or someone who will listen to you about fertility who can give you some herbs, so atleast you feel like you're helping things along. I find when i try and tell myself "stop thinking about it" actually stresses me more. So now i make sure that i discuss fertility things with my friends and let it all out, so that way i'm not keeping it and my thoughts all to myself.

It's a bit like telling yourself, you're not allowed to have choc, and yet if you just had one small measly milkyway, then you'd have your fix and you'd stop thinking about it. same with TTC. stop telling yourself to relax, coz this wont help. tell yourself to get on with life and have those wines (or whatever alcohol is to your liking) here and there and book small holidays too. coz i spent all of last year thinking 'well if i book a holiday then and i get pregnant, then i wont be able to fly'. well if you book a holiday for under 6 months time, you'd be fine to fly. maybe dont book a year ahead though or 9 months just in case this is your month.

i also go and do body balance/ yoga classes at the gym, as well as cardio. it's amazing how exercise can make you feel good too.

hope this helps

11. The Following User Says Thank You to merri berri For This Useful Post:

Isabella2012  (25-03-2012)