+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Metal music

Silly question but I know babies can hear music and talking and stuff in the womb. I'm 14 weeks pregnant and me and my partner have always loved heavy metal music, and was just wondering if it was that bad lol like if I should be listening to calming music. But metal does make me happy and calm so I didnt think it would matter? Thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If it makes you happy, it should make baby happy. So long as it's not at a deafening level (and that applies to all music) I can't see there being harm. I've read before that whatever music you listen to when pregnant, baby will find that style of music soothing when they're born (regardless of the style). It was purely anecdotal, but it's nice thought and might come in handy later on
    Last edited by Berrie; 24-03-2012 at 21:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know the official answer, but my DS has bee bought up around metal :-) as I type, Mr 13 Months is happily playing on the floor while DH is watching Avenged Sevenfold videos thru the stereo :-)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut2011 View Post
    I don't know the official answer, but my DS has bee bought up around metal :-) as I type, Mr 13 Months is happily playing on the floor while DH is watching Avenged Sevenfold videos thru the stereo :-)
    Same with my DS.I used to play Led Zeppelin through headphones placed on my tummy when I was pregnant!(granted, it was a slow ballad type song). Didn't do him any good with his taste in music, though, he's 12 now and loves dance music, top 40 rubbish, lol.No, metal music will not harm the baby. I wouldn't sit by a pumping speaker at a rock concert, though.. as bubs might find the vibration and sound unpleasant, but just having it on in your home is fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm, come to think of it, DS was born posterior facing... Maybe he was trying to hide away from the music!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD aged 9 loved metal as a bub and toddler Belly bub has already been (albeit in utero) to a System of a Down gig

Thanks
    Reviews
    When pregnant with ds now 3 I used to listen to very heavy metal very loudly on occasion and he used to roll and kick like crazy and then settle down.

As a newborn he would scream through lullabies until one night I put my phone playing rob zombie - dragula playing softly in the bassinet he settled straight away.

Now his tastes include Justin beiber - baby, Ed sheeran - the a team, the bob the builder cd and he calms with the music for dreaming cd.

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    All my boys have been raised around metal music and they're all fine it's no different to listening to any other type of music while pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to several metal concerts in my pregnancy and my baby loves moshing in my belly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I concur with all these ladies, our DS was played all sorts of music while in the belly & came to a few gigs too.
    Nowadays he calms down for David Bowie, will only eat when Black Sabbath is on, giggles when The Hives are playing and falls asleep with the Foo Fighters