+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm nervous. And annoyed at the media for banging on all week about how LNP was definitely going to win. I don't doubt that this would have influenced the voting intentions of many less-informed voters out there.
    *sigh* I'm off now to brace myself for an uncertain future.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am shocked. I had hoped that the last Federal Election would have shown than minor candidates do have a chance, and wanted to see a healthy proportion of seats no in the hands of either of the two majors. Instead, the results yield one major, and relegate the ALP to a minor also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll go against the majority here and say how happy I am that LNP won in Qld. Anna Bligh and the ALP have done nothing for small businesses. She had her chance and blew it according to most of Qld (the votes don't lie), time for a change

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mrs E For This Useful Post:

Coffee  (25-03-2012),Guest654  (25-03-2012),Littlemissmetal  (26-03-2012),LoveLivesHere  (25-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Everyone hated Anna . Why risk getting her in . Gonna be a interesting few years!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (25-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For the poster on the previous page who forgot to vote- I did too years ago and I got sent a form where I could either pay a fine or tick a stat dec form that I'd done a postal/absentee vote and it was lost in the mail...... Needless to say I ticked the I posted it must be lost in the mail box........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Only about two elections ago the Liberal party in Queensland had only one seat and the Nationals about two or three.

Things rebalance themselves. Queenslanders were just very over the ALP after so long. Same thing happened in NSW and also federally in 2007.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (25-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm also happy LNP won, definitely time for change...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beck87 For This Useful Post:

Littlemissmetal  (26-03-2012),LoveLivesHere  (25-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Perhaps if the ALP had ran an election campaign and not a smear campaign against Campbell Newman they may have stood a chance. All the hate ads on TV and then in the post, IMO it's akin to bullying and how can we expect kids not to bully each other if our leaders won't.

Meh, I voted for the Greens but have my preference to the LNP.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elleandsam For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (25-03-2012),SuperGranny  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There's winning and then there's dictatorship. I prefer to see governments with a mix of parties to balance them out. A majority like this is scary and although the opposition hold no power, with such small numbers I don't see them doing a very good job of questioning the government and holding them accountable.

I can't vote.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    For the poster on the previous page who forgot to vote- I did too years ago and I got sent a form where I could either pay a fine or tick a stat dec form that I'd done a postal/absentee vote and it was lost in the mail...... Needless to say I ticked the I posted it must be lost in the mail box........
    Yeah i have got out of failure to vote fines before with a stat dec. I was warned to re enrol at my current address which i refuse to do as i don't want my address readily available to everyone. I should be able to get out of the failure to vote fine as i don't even live in QLD but i guess they might fine me for not updating my electrol roll details.