+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy So wheres our invite

So I'm currently comforting my 3 and half year old whilst we watch a bday party happen right next door to us for their now 4 yr old little boy.

Back story to this is we are all army families and I have often chatted and helped this lady out and offered my support to her as her hubby is currently O/S . I am so hurt that my dd did not get and invite but it seems like 90% of our playgroup did. Makes me wonder what I did wrong and why we are not good enough for an invite. Reminds me of high school all over again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You poor child text her?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wrote on there facebook pics of the party how much fun it looked like they were having as my little girls was watching over the fence. Just sucky behaviour on their part I think

Thanks
    Reviews
    How awful! So your girl goes to the same playgroup as their boy? It breaks my heart when anyone gets left out. Especially kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep same playgroup, we live in the same street and our hubby's are both in the army.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wonder why you weren't invited!! Could it be a mistake? As in, a text invite that never got thru etc? Even if she thinks she has a reason not to invite you, why take it out on your daughter?! I don't understand some people

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Maybe she had a set limit of number of kids she could invite. I always do. I let my child pick the kids he or she invites to my set limit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Maybe it has nothing to do with you?

I dunno, I dread my DD having a party coz I don't want to invite the whole class, she isn't friends with them all so I see no reason to invite them all, but I don't want the mums to get their noses out of joint because they expect to be invited to every single classmates party. Maybe it's something like that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its very hurtfull as our kids play together in the street and at playgroup too. I think its more something to do with me as I don't do the fake nails, and stuff like that so I'm just not the glam mum

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Before I reply can I please ask how long have you been a Army wife/partner for?