+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    my 2 year old has "junk food" several times a week more often probably and at 20 months in hospital her "special" diet was mostly chips nuggets fried fish and the like. Oh and ordered by the nurses and then a whole pack or 2 of the salt put over the top for good measure

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS does eat small amounts of junk. I gave him 2 maccas chips today because I was eating them in front of him and he wanted some. I think if he's old enough to "ask" he can have small amounts. I think labelling foods as "good" and "bad" or "treats" sets up lifelong issues with food. I don't want DS to think when he's older that he's had a vrap day do should eat a tub of icecream because he deserves a "treat". So small amounts are ok. The overwhelming majority of what he eats is healthy and nutritious.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS had cake at his 1st birthday, but i'm pretty strict about junk food prior to two years. He's 2.5 and has only recently tried a hot chip. I don't label food 'good' or 'bad', but I will be teaching him about nutrition and how certain foods help our bodies to work better.

He has had treats in moderation since his 2nd birthday, but i'm not a fan of giving him deep fried junk. If he has a treat, it's usually some biccies. He's never had lollies or anything like that. Each to their own, but we eat fairly healthily and I want to put good food into my childrens bodies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ronald didnt have any junk till about 5!
    Agnes had chocolate at 3
    and..

Beryl was probably 6 months when she ate junk hhahahahahaaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My kids all got a mini cake all to themselves at 1, Cant really recall any junk food they got other then the times we went to McDonalds when they were little but they didnt really eat too much before 1 so they didnt get much.

Syd has had a bite of Mrsa bar when she grabbed it off one the older kids, she has also had a tad of ice cream and likes to lick the snake lollies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BerylsMum View Post
    Ronald didnt have any junk till about 5!
    Agnes had chocolate at 3
    and..

Beryl was probably 6 months when she ate junk hhahahahahaaha
    Sounds like us. My older brother was about 5, I was about 3, then when my little brother came along I remember he was given a lolly snake to shut him up when he was just over 1. Would have been sooner but the little turd refused anything other than boob until 11 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic Hiss View Post
    DS does eat small amounts of junk. I gave him 2 maccas chips today because I was eating them in front of him and he wanted some. I think if he's old enough to "ask" he can have small amounts. I think labelling foods as "good" and "bad" or "treats" sets up lifelong issues with food. I don't want DS to think when he's older that he's had a vrap day do should eat a tub of icecream because he deserves a "treat". So small amounts are ok. The overwhelming majority of what he eats is healthy and nutritious.
    Pretty much this for us. We eat really healthy 98% per cent of the time, but I don't ever want to label foods as good or bad. He can eat a bit of cake if we are out for a coffee and cake. He's never had those highly processed glucose lollies but we never eat them.

But honestly he tries everything and most often chooses fresh fruit over bickies and junk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loving6 View Post
    I don't have a issue with my kids have junk food in small amounts once they are eating solids properly. That was at different ages for each child.
    Pretty much this. I even think I gave a chip or two to them when they were like 6 monthsish. Most of it ended up on the floor anyway.

My first child's very first solid food was mashed potato and gravy from KFC!!! Very first ever!!! My MIL gave it to her and I was so mad! Now I look back and wonder why I got so mad....she's 15 years old bright and bubbly and you can't even tell!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    For my daughter's last birthday (she turned 3) I made a variety of sandwiches, a fruit platter and had subway for the adults. The only junk food was the cake. I didn't do lolly bags. The kids hardly ate anything, I figured if they were hungry they would've eaten!

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my first I was very strict and uppity about junk food so she was probably 2 years old. With my second, well, he has been eating junk (every now and then) since he started solids!!