+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default D&C and future pregnancies

Hi

I am going in on monday for a D&C after a fresh ivf cycle miscarriage at 6.5 weeks. My hgc levels have been plataueing for 2 weeks . I would like to hear about any success stories of having a healthy baby after this procedure. I am now worried this is going to effect my chances of getting pregnant again.

thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Aries10,
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune it is so unfair.
    I've had 3 D&C's now due to mc so it has not had a negative impact on me getting pregnant, but l just cant seem to keep them.
    I hope you have better luck with your next cycle, l do believe this whole pregnancy business has more to do with luck than science!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've had 4 miscarriages, had 2 D+C's, one was spontaneous and complete, one I elected to use misoprostol pessary instead of a 3rd D+C. I'm now 33 weeks pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear of your loss. I've suffered 6 mc the last 5 all ended with a d&c I've now gone onto have a beautiful healthy boy and have another bub on the way

Best wishes to you for a quick recovery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shortiii is offline Baby H v2.0 - Anticipating April release
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry for your loss.

My pregnancy before this ended in a d&c... And they even stuffed up and punctured my uterus, which is very rare. I was terrified we would have problems conceiving after that. However I am nearly 36weeks now, with a healthy active baby.

I wish you all the best of luck with future pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had a d&c last year. Am now pregnant again. Very early days. I've actually heard that having a d&c can help with fertility. But not sure if this true.
    My doctor assured me that miscarriages happen and it's awful but that it doesn't mean anything for trying again. If that makes sense. My procedure went very smoothly and was over quickly.
    So sorry for your loss. Sending you hugs. xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi, I'm really sorry to hear about your loss.

My second IVF pregnancy ended in a miscarriage at 6.5 weeks too. I opted to have a D&C. AF returned 31 days after my D&C. 2 weeks after my D&C I started acupuncture. I had one session a week for 2 weeks, then on the day of my FET I had a session of acupuncture pre and post transfer and then I had one session each week during the 2ww. I got a BFP on that cycle and my DD2 is now 17 months old.

I wish you all the very best for Monday and for your next transfer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a d&c past 12wks after our first ended in a mc. I am now here nursing our almost week old daughter. Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, I am so sorry for your loss and I don't mean to put a downer on this conversation as it is hard enough already but please be aware that there is a very big risk in having a D & C done that the Dr's don't normally advise you of. It's called Ashermans syndrome and it is where the lining of the uterus is damaged by the procedure to the point where it may be years of recovery or even never being able to fall pregnant as the embryos cannot attach as there is no or little lining left or the scar tissue from the damage of the D & C procedure seals the uterus together. I know because this happened to me and after 3 years of TTC with the best IVF Dr and many procedures to try to fix the damage done I am now pregnant with twins but I never thought it would happen. My lining was scraped away to nothing and had scar tissue that had to be surgically removed. I will never have a D & C again, it is a procedures that the Dr has to go into with out seeing what exactly they are doing inside - I had a miscarriage then a D & C and never thought it would harm me in any way. Just think about it and do some research into it, it is more common than you think. My thoughts are with you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    Thank you all for your lovely support and replies. My doctor has advised me of the risks, ashermans, and i guess that is why i posted here because it is a concern. It has been 3 weeks since my miscarriage and my HGC has not increased or dropped. My FS feels this is the best option.

thank you all