+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Silica is a no go during pregnancy, I want to take it too, my hair is horrible currently!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I saw this in recent topics. I'm not pregnant but my hair is terrible. I take silica.

Another one I have heard of is Figaro (sp?) Hair Food. Not sure if you take that during pregnancy though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    For most people, your body holds onto your hair while pregnant and then when baby comes, it sheds all the dead hair.

But OP, I was like you. With DS I lost SO much hair while pregnant. Brush full every day. And it didn't stop when I gave birth either. It took about 2 years to go back to a normal shed pattern. I didn't go bald or anything, but did have thin patches on my temples.

But with DD, my hair was fine. Didn't shed at all!

Hopefully your loss will slow down sooner than mine did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi SierraJ, Did you have any luck? I'm 9 weeks, and have lost a huge amount of hair already (I think its worried hubby also), I am tempted to cut it off (its long - in the middle of my back). I am waiting for an appointment and will ask the same question. I just dont know if it will stop, but most people say it gets better....can only hope

Thanks
    Reviews
    No luck sadly

The doctor checked a few levels from my last blood test and said it all looks fine. she said i could take more calcium, make sure i'm eating lots of green veggies and sorry nothing else.

She did say that it could stop at 15 weeks, it does for some people but it might keep falling the whole time.

I have taken to wearing big hair bands (naturally its the hair right at the front thats falling out ..sigh..) and i'm not straightening it any more, we'll see if it makes a difference.

bambino is offline Autistic Today, My Genius Tomorrow
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    5 and years after the fact, and I'm STILL losing my hair.

My Dr told me to try so many things, change my lifestyle (ie stress less), vitamins (esp vit D) do this, do that blah blah.

Nothing has worked, so I just put up with it.
    During the day I have it tied back, then when I get home from work, I brush it all out over the bath, collect the excess, flush it, and do the same thing day in and day out.
    A haircut didn't work either.....

Sorry, no advise, but hoping someone has a better solution for all of us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the update/ideas SierraJ! I hope it gets better for you also.

Bambino, I can relate too well, I brush my hair in the morning over the sink, collect it all up and toss it away, I still cant believe I have hair left, considering I have very thin hair as it is. All my hairdresser said was its the change in chemicals etc (she witnessed how much came out, and I was only 4 weeks) and she was shocked. we all find a cure

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had this exact problem. My hair was thinning on the top and I had these tiny shirt hairs all over my head! Nothing ever helped.. Then found out my b12 was low. Doc put me on b12 injections and my hair started to come back. It took a couple if months but it came back super healthy! It's quite a common deficiency but not many doctors will check it. It's worth having the simple blood test for it. Google it

9. The Following User Says Thank You to relle For This Useful Post:

SierraJ  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Short not shirt

Thanks
    Reviews