+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Terrible contraction like pain all night, goes in morning - 40w3d

I'm at my wits end with this, hopefully someone can help...

I'm 40w3d and have now had REALLY strong contraction like pain for 4 nights now. It starts within about half an hour to 1 hour of going to bed, and keeps coming throughout the night - no closer than 30 mins apart, but sometimes closer to an hour. Once I get up in the morning I might get 1 or 2 more they'll stop. I get some aches and pains throughout the day but nothing like at night .

The pain is extremely painful from the first one - I can hardly move! It wraps around from my lower back across my pelvis, lasts for about 30secs to a minute I think.

Aside from the pain itself, I'm hardly sleeping an am so worried that by the time this baby actually comes I will be exhausted before labour even starts.

Has anyone had this before? I've mentioned it to my OB but everything seems to be "normal" to him.

Thanks heaps in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    pre labour?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the exact same thing. Your body is gearing up for labour. With myself, I had the night contractions for four nights, then it all stopped for a few days and I thought I'd never give birth, then one night my waters broke and it was all on at 40+6

The contractions you're feeling now are priming and slowly opening your cervix. You'll have a baby soon! Relax now while you can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the same thing too. I woke up with contractions from around midnight to dawn for two nights, on the second morning I got up and I had had a bloody show. That night went to bed, woke up at 2am and labored til 10am when my son was born. It's just your body getting ready I know it's so bloody frustrating, but all it means is that everything is working just as it should be All the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pre labour. Horrible to go through as it is exhausting but is fantastic for you body. I experienced 2 weeks of pre labour with all 4 of my pregnancies, each real labour was less than an hour

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep pre labour, I had this for 7 days straight day and night! All very painful and I kept going to the hospital telling them I was in labour and they just kept sending me home, I had DS on the 8th day!