+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillystar View Post
    When I was doing IVF (I'm on a break) my DH came to the EPU and egg transfers. He didn't come ot blood tests and ultrasounds. You are in and out for a blood test in about 2 mins, I didn't really see the point of us both missing work, same with the ultrasound He wanted to come but I told him not too for the above reason.
    That raises another interesting question. Are most people finding themselves missing work every time they have to go for a BT? I do mine at 7:30 am then go to work .... that's why it hasn't been been a problem so far.

I will obviously have to miss work for EPU and ET.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great of him!! Definitely a great attitude and completely true!

I haven't done IVF but partner makes sure he comes to my pregnancy scans. He doesn't come to the doctor appointments but ask about them straight away, and atm he doesn't want to go to parenting classes but he will

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep my dh came to all appointments every cycle. We commented to each other a few times re lack of male partners there too but then thought it may be due to work commitments,we always had our appointments in the mornings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    That raises another interesting question. Are most people finding themselves missing work every time they have to go for a BT? I do mine at 7:30 am then go to work .... that's why it hasn't been been a problem so far.

The first few times we were still living in the city and I would either have my appointments early then go to work or take my lunch break during the time needed for an appointment, dh used to do the same and meet me at the clinic then we go our separate ways to work afterwards.

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    When dp is in town for my fs appts he will come, but hasn't for any of the bt or scans. He was there for our first epu (duh), but was only in town for the second et. He's out until wednesday, so will miss our second epu tomorrow. Luckily we have a good haul of his stuff frozen!
    It was my decision to go ahead with this cycle without him, otherwise we would have had to wait until May.
    I don't mind him not being there for a lot of the appts, he gets an update as soon as they're over anyway. He knows that I want him there whenever we have transfers though, he'd never live being 1000km away when I got utd!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post

Luckily my work is really flexible with appts. My supervisor will even stay back to cover for me if need be!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by katherinelouise View Post
    Luckily my work is really flexible with appts. My supervisor will even stay back to cover for me if need be!
    Mine aren't to happy about all the time I need off so I went to human resources and now they have to let me go even if there is a dozen people off sick. I work at a catholic hospital so we don't do condoms, oral contraceptives or terminations so I was surprised to get HR on my side.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The organisation I work for puts a huge emphasis on family. The longer I'm with them the more I appreciate the effort they put into their employees.

very su(ky that not all work places are so supportive!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rutabaga For This Useful Post:

jessesgirl  (26-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't undergone ivf but we did have to see an obgyn due to my PCOS and had a high risk pregnancy with heaps of drs appointments. My husband came to EVERY single appointment, ultrasound and blood test aswell

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH tried to come to every appointment but missed about 5 in 2 pregnancies due to work commitments. :-(