View Poll Results: Do you support the rights of same sex couples to marry?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

169 89.42%
  • No

20 10.58%
Closed Thread
Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I sure do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes! Without any hesitation! Equal rights for all

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely, there is not a question in my mind!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I do. I actually feel that if marriage is only for a select group of people it tarnishes the value of marriage. Why should I be able to get married when two women/men who love their partner and want to have a family as much as I do cannot. Why should someone who opposes same ex marriage, who doesn't understand the power of love be able to marry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If they are recognized in the eyes of Centrelink etc why not be married? As PPs have said Love is Love

However I do agree with PPs that marriage, in some cases is taken too lightly.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Obviously I do. And I don't believe children of same sex parents are disadvantaged by their parenting. Maybe by society, but then, anyone can be disadvantaged by society...children of unmarried parents or single mothers, previously. Bi-racial children...and that's all completely accepted now.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes no question about it.

I think it is simply awful that two people can love one another and share their lives together, but simply because they do not fit the christian norm of 'husband and wife' that their committment to each other is not protected by law and basic human right if they so with it to be. I couldn't imagine how difficult it would be not to have my parental rights recognized simply because of the gender makeup of my family, and also basic property rights. And I'm sure there are lots of other ways the veto on marriage affects gay people that I have no idea of.

As for the parenting thing, well, exactly the same, if a child is blessed to have 2 or more parents who love them and are actively involved in their welfare, then it is of absolutely no consequence the sex of any of those parents. Love is love.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awhile back, at church on Sunday, the serman was mainly about the sanctity of marriage and the speaker was telling everyone about a bill that was going through the Queensland parliament to allow civil unions for homosexual couples. The speaker was urging everyone to writie a letter (on Monday, when submissions closed) to the politians to oppose the bill and say how important it was that marriage was between a man and a woman, and if same-sex marriages were allowed it would demean our marriages.

I was appalled and very tempted to use the information provided to write a letter supporting the bill, not opposing it. However, due to the tight timeframe and other demands on my time I did not do so.

I was pleased to hear sometime later that the bill had passed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    Awhile back, at church on Sunday, the serman was mainly about the sanctity of marriage and the speaker was telling everyone about a bill that was going through the Queensland parliament to allow civil unions for homosexual couples. The speaker was urging everyone to writie a letter (on Monday, when submissions closed) to the politians to oppose the bill and say how important it was that marriage was between a man and a woman, and if same-sex marriages were allowed it would demean our marriages.

I was appalled and very tempted to use the information provided to write a letter supporting the bill, not opposing it. However, due to the tight timeframe and other demands on my time I did not do so.

I was pleased to hear sometime later that the bill had passed.
    Its a church... Did you really expect for them to be for it? The follow the bible and the bible is against homosexuality.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't support the bill. However in saying that iwill not judge any one that is or believes in it. Everyone is entitled to what they want to believe.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pawzette For This Useful Post:

elleseetee  (24-03-2012)